Monday, September 8, 2008

Our Precious Panda

That's the name of Abby's new Mother's Day Out class. Isn't that, well, precious? My little girl is getting so big. She totally and completely didn't shed one tear or make one wimper when she started school this morning. She's at a new place than where she was this summer, so I thought there might be some reservations on her part. Nope! I'm SO proud of her, and it makes me feel 100% better when I walk away.

Of course, to document this moment, I took entirely too many pictures, and I would love to share them with you now :-)

Last Thursday, we had the Teacher Meet and Greet day. Here are some of the pictures I snapped before we left the house. (Some are blurry...y'know how that goes)

Tippy-toes!

This one makes me laugh because she found a piece of fuzz on the floor and was being overly dramatic about it!They gave Abby a bag (a pink bag with her name on it) of all kinds of yummy goodies when we left (most of them I get to consume because some are gummy snacks, smarties, and cookies--and while she would to love to eat those things, I don't feel it necessary for her to have them. I'm so mean, I know!)

This morning I had to get her all dolled up for the first day :-) She looked so sweet.

I had to snap some pictures once we got to school. (Oh yes, I am one of those moms!)

These little pandas are on the wall outside the room, and you put her napmat and backpack underneath it.Here is the sign that leads into her room...And outside the door, they have this board that shows what they'll be learning for the month. How exciting and cute!2 pictures I snapped with the teacher. The first Abby is like "Who are you?" And the second cracks me up because the teacher flashed the peace sign. ha! (On a side note, I heard the teacher saying she's just been back in the states for 4 months, and that she had been in Japan and everyone in Japan takes pictures flashing the peace sign she says.)
Here is the bag I got when I left...And the note inside (along with the tissue, a tea packet, and chocolate!)I feel so good about this school for Abby...it has definitely given me warm fuzzies inside :-)

4 comments:

The Eges said...

Matt's brother David has sent us a ton of pictures from his time in South Korea. And there are lots taken with Koreans who are flashing the peace sign! Funny.

Anonymous said...

So proud of out little Panda -- she looks adorable.

Love, Nana H

The Vranas said...

She's so cute! It just makes me sad how big she's getting. Tell her to slow down a little, OK? Big hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy - I knew Abbie and I were going to be good buddies...she is panda girl also!!!! I love it!!

Do me a favor - keep me up on what they are telling y'all about the proposed afect that IKE may have on Houston.....My mom and I are still thinking of slipping into Houston Sat afternoon and staying thru Monday for her eye dotors appt....I just want info from Houston and not just the weather channel....

Older Panda Girl