Tonight I went to our church to listen to Charlie Ward speak. For those who don't know who Charlie Ward is, he won the 1993 Heisman Trophy at Florida State. Then he got drafted by the New York Yankees to pitch and by the New York Knicks to play point guard. He choose the NBA route and played for about 10 years, 1 with the Houston Rockets. He then became an assistant coach for the Rockets and now is the head football coach at Westbury Christian Academy in southwest Houston. He was at our church to kick-off the new Men's Fraternity and to give his testimony. He gave a good talk about oneness in Christ and true christian integrity. Of course I had to get a picture taken with him. I thought he would be a lot taller.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Just hanging out with a Heisman Trophy winner
Posted by
The Beasley's
at
8:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment