Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ready

As many of our friends have put it, "We are hunkering down" and prepared for Ike. 3 flashlights, 1 radio, candles, charcoal, lots of water, a lighter, canned food, bread, peanut butter, cars filled up with gas, and friends who live one street over with a generator :-)

Have a look at our supplies, with one sweet little munchkin as the cherry on top! Her hair is a bit crazy, but she refused to keep her bow in. I try to tell her the bow really helps to keep her hair out of her eyes, but she doesn't seem to mind that :-)

Apparently we're going to start feeling some of the effects of Ike tomorrow, so we'll keep ya'll posted (as long as we have power!). You KNOW I'll have my camera ready!

2 comments:

Zach and Alyson said...

I'm thinking about you while I make the fixings for our hurricane party tomorrow. That's what I'm calling it now. I'll say a little prayer for you. Love ya girl!

Anonymous said...

I am trusting God to take care of you and protect you during this storm. I know that God is POWERFUL and that He can provide safety in Humble the same as He can in Shreveport, BUT, this mother wishes you were here with us. Please be careful and keep in contact.(OFTEN) We love all of you so much and will worry until the effects of this storm is gone.

Mom and Dad Beasley