Friday, July 27, 2007

It would happen to us...

Here is the quick run down:

- Josh drops me off at the front door of Wal-mart, while I run in quickly to grab a few things.
- Josh and Abby drive around the parking lot until I come out.
- I come out, and Josh pulls over to the side so I can load the few items I got.
- Josh unlocks the doors, and steps out of the car to help me put the items in the car.
- I try to open the back of the car, but it was locked (so I thought I pulled the handle too soon).
- Josh turns around to open the door to unlock it again, but he had accidently pushed LOCK when he stepped out to assist me.
- REMEMBER, Abby is still in the car!
- Everything, besides my wallet, is in the car. We don't have our cellphones, and we don't remember anyone's number.
- I am a new mommy, and I am PANICKING!!!!!!!!
- Josh quickly calms me down by reminding me the car IS running, and luckily Abby IS sleeping. Whew!
- Because it is Wal-mart, I tell Josh to go to the Automotive department.
- They offer to give him a coat hanger (Does he really look like MacGyver?!?! I think not!)
- They dial the number for a locksmith.
- Locksmith appears in 5min. or less!
- Locksmith doesn't charge us a dime!
- Whole ordeal = 25min.
Thank you Lord that everything is absolutely fine!!

Something new and exciting--Abby has rolled over from tummy to back many times now, but when placed on her back she never seems to roll around at all. I had put her down in her crib for a nap, on her back of course, and when I went in to check her, this is how I found her.

Granted it is JUST her side, but that's a big deal to me of course :-) It shows me progress! And yes she does have socks on her hands because she always scratches her face when she's sleeping, and I hate walking in her room in the morning finding a new scratch.

Daddy totally took care of her last night, cuddling with her, and loving on her. Here are a few pictures--one Josh captured, and the other one I did. So sweet!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am always worried that will happen to me, so I double check the locks everytime I get out. I'm very impressed that the locksmith didn't charge you. It's nice to know there are still good people out there.

DaddyCastle said...

YIKES! That happened to me at Wal-Mart, too, except I had loaded all the groceries and NOT parker. we were outside as the food spoiled waiting on the locksmith, and because Parker wasn't in the car, I had to pay. But it's their policy not to charge when a child is locked in. That's awesome!

The Pences said...

That is definitely something I'm nervous about doing, too. I envision myself hurling something through the back window to get in. I'm glad you weren't alone -- that would have been scarier, for sure! Maybe you could teach Abby to unlock the door?

Kelsey Falzon said...

That happened to our childbirth class nurse while she was at the gas station. It must happen to the best of us!! And she seems to be ahead of the game! Doesn't that back to tummy roll take until about 4 months to mastet?

Zach and Alyson said...

So scary, but I'm so glad that you made it through the ordeal. She's growing like a little weed. Love you lots!