Sunday, July 15, 2007

Louisiana Friends

This past week Abby and I spent our time in Bossier City, LA. Josh was on a mission trip with church called U.M. Army. He went off to Orange, Texas, and Abby and I decided we didn't want to stay here all by ourselves for a whole week. Of course, Nana and Pop were thrilled to have us come stay, and we had such a fantastic time. This was Abby's first 4 hour car trip. The ride to Louisiana was great because Abby was in desperate need of a nap. She slept for about 3 1/2 hours, and we had to entertain her a small bit at the end. The ride back to Texas was equally as great.

Abby was quite the social butterfly while we were in Bossier, and she met SO many new friends. She's a very loved little girl. Here are pictures of Abby with many of her new friends

Abby with Ms. Lisa and Ms. Denise. (Ladies my mom works with)
Meeting "honorary Aunt Ashley"Here is Abby with Mrs. Valerie....Mrs. Valerie along with her daughter (and my most wonderful friend!) Michelle, threw us a baby shower at Mrs. Valerie's house. Abby also got to meet Mimi and Paw-paw (Michelle's grandparents)...we just didn't get a picture of them holding her. But Abby really enjoyed visiting with them (she happend to be out like a light as a matter of fact!)This week, Abby and I were also able to hang out with Josh's family. She met Aunt Helen, Aunt Becky, Becky's daughter Amanda, Amanda's kids Cale and Eli, and Amanda's cousin Nicole. We had a wonderful visit, but all the pictures are on my mother-in-laws camera...so I'll post those once they're sent my way!

For anyone that truly knows my mom, you will know that MANY, MANY pictures were taken throughout the week. So I will leave you with some of my favorites! (The term "some" in my case really means 15 pictures! I had a hard time choosing!)

Abby and PopThe girls at my mom's work Her new (super cute, might I add) pink and brown dress! Holding her paciferLaughing at Pop!The "Pondering" look... Her bright, flowered dressLooking off in the distance and smiling at her imaginery friendOn the "phone" to her daddy (she was missing him at U.M. Army)Mommy and AbbyIn an earlier post, I mentioned my new shorts...way cute, right?!?! :-)Abby's cute little faceAbby's new thing in her car seatOf course, what would a blog be without pictures of Sandy, too?!?! These are pictures of Sandy looking out the window on the car ride. The second is Sandy staring me down in the car. She wanted to get in my lap, but I made her stay in the front seat by Pop! (Pop needed his little co-pilot!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all had a great visit. Wish Peyton and I could have been there too! She's growing so fast and I love to see her SMILING! Can't wait to see y'all in a matter of weeks for Peyton's 1st birthday. Love y'all!

The Pences said...

Abby is so cute! I can't wait to spend more time with you guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad that your week at home went well. Abby is just a little social butterfly. I love the little flowered outfit, so precious. Hope all is well now that y'all are home! Love ya!

aly

Anonymous said...

abby is absolutely adorable! I can't wait to meet her at homecoming! by the way, your shorts are too cute, any!

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all had a great time. We're going to make the trip to Baton Rouge this weekend. That will be Addison's first out-of-town trip also. I hope she does as well as Abby.
It's so funny, but Addison smiles and "talks" to her stuffed animals also.

The Vranas said...

I'm so jealous. I think I'm the only one who hasn't met her yet. She's so cute, and I'm desparate to get to see her.

Anonymous said...

Abbey is sure growing. Love to read how things are going. Grandma can hardly wait till you can come to Kansas for a vist. Give her a hug and kiss from all her relatives in Kansas.
Aunt Linda