We just went to the Dr. again today to check on my progress. I'm glad to say I've made some progress, but it is very little. Last time I was 60% effaced and dilated to 2. This time I'm 70% effaced and dilated to 3.
Since last Wednesday, I've really been experiencing some intense back pain. So much so, that sleeping has become virtually impossible. Just a few nights ago, I think I got about 45min. for the whole night. Needless to say, I was practically brain dead the next day and didn't go to school!
The Dr. told me the pain would probably only worsen as the weeks went on. I would definitely like to go into labor on my own, however, I really do want to have my own Dr. deliver Abby as well. Luckily, my Dr. is on call over this weekend--so if I go then, I'll be guaranteed to have her. She always delivers her own babies during the week, but come the next weekend, another Dr. is on call. Because of these factors, we decided if Abby doesn't come on her own throughout the week, I will be induced on Thursday, May 10. So no matter what, we will be meeting Abby in a week or LESS :-) YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am very very excited, although it seems so unreal. I'm thinking "Has the time really come for all this to be happening already?" Although as I continue to feel the back pain, I think again and say "Oh yes, the time is definitely here!!"
I will leave you with a picture of me in my 37th week! Talk about an all belly picture! Could that thing get any bigger?!??!?!
Thursday, May 3, 2007
The Countdown is ON!
Posted by
The Beasley's
at
6:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Yea! I hope you're not too miserable in the next week. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel. If Abby is born next thursday, she and Peyton will be exactly 9 months apart!!! Try to relax and call me if you need to complain..you know I understand! Love you!
Oh my goodness. I'm keeping my cell phone next to me at all times. :-) Good luck in the next few days!
Love ya!
I believe from the picture that you look very ready for Abby to come! Can't wait!
Aly
I can't wait to meet my grandaughter! Hope your last day today was a blessed one. Be sure and get some rest before Thursday comes.
Mom Beasley
Ohh - so exciting! I will be anxious to get that call. Rest up girl. Well, as much as you can anyway. We will be praying for you guys.
Post a Comment