Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Thoughts from Josh's head

I wanted to post about some of the thoughts going through my head as a soon to be dad. Since Abby decided not to be born on Monday like I told her, I have pretty much just assumed it will now be on Thursday morning by induction. She could come some time tonight or tomorrow so I want to get this posted before all the chaos begins. I drove outside of the carpool yesterday and today in case I had to leave quickly and it has given me alone time to think.

Thought #1: I wanted to see if the Bible ever specifically mentions infants and I found this verse.


"From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise..." - Psalm 8:2

This made me think about how amazing God's grace is. Abby will be born into this world a sinner and Jesus has already paid the price for her sins on the Cross. Because of Jesus' sacrifice, Abby, even as an infant, has been ordained to praise him. It reminds me of the childlike faith that is required to enter into the kingdom of God.

Thought #2: There is a song on our iPod called 'The Blessing' and it is one of my current favorites. Part of the lyrics go like this

Let is be said of us...By the fruit we leave behind
Let is be said of us...That our heart belonged to Jesus

For your kingdom, For our chilrden,
For the sake of...Every nation

As I was listening to this it made me think about how each generation has a responsibility to teach the next generation about God. Parents' love and passion for God can be reflected in their children.

Thought #3: I have no idea what God was thinking when he set up the process to become parents. I have zero experience with infants, Amy requires 8 to 10 hours of sleep each night to function and yet soon we will have our very own infant and little sleep. Only God could design this process and it be successful since the beginning of time.

Thought #4: I already have this picture of Abby in my head with bright blue eyes and blonde hair like Amy. I can see her in her little Bulldog Princess dress crawling around and laughing, and Sandy taking a break from chewing her bone to give Abby a lick in the face and run off. I can't wait for Thursday afternoon/evening to come so I can hold her in my arms and kiss her little face. I love my girls (Amy, Abby, & Sandy) and hope I can be the man each of them needs in their life at each point in their life.

Thought #5:God is good. Please pray for us on Thursday. Pray for a safe delivery. Pray for Amy to have strength and courage. Pray for Amy and Abby's health. Pray for us because I am sure we will be overwhelmed just a little bit. Pray for God's will to be done all day long. I can't wait for our miracle to arrive.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries! Somehow your body and mind adjusts to the whole situation and you'll both make it. You'll soon forget what 4 hours of straight sleep feels like and you won't require it anymore. It's amazing and 1,000% worth it. We'll be thinking of y'all and saying lots of prayers!!

The Vranas said...

Aww, Josh, you brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait for little Abby to get here. I've been thinking about you guys so much lately, keeping my cell phone by my side. I'd appreciate it if Abby could hold off until at least after five this afternoon (I've got a final), but since she hasn't listened to you so far maybe you should get Amy to ask. I'm so excited for you guys. Best of luck in the next few days.
Love you guys!

Theresa, Chris, Aidan and Logan said...

I am so excited for you guys. And, like Lisa said, somehow you just work it out: the living on little sleep, the "I have no clues . . . " and everything else that comes with having a baby. You guys are going to be AWESOME parents! We will be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Well, you guys know I have NO advice to give on having babies or being parents - but I have all the faith in the world that you will figure it out and Amy will tell me ALL about it in one of our hour and a half long, every-six-months-or-on-birthdays phone calls. I love you guys and can't wait to see pictures of baby Abby. - Lesli

Anonymous said...

You 2 will make wonderful parents, I have no doubt, that is why God has blessed you with this bundle of joy. Just remember he is with you all the time.
Grandma, Uncle Randy & I will be saying a prayer for all of you. Of course Grandma will be waiting to see you all.
Love ya and God Bless----Aunt Linda