Monday, February 5, 2007

A MAN post for Travis

This weekend was our annual toilet bowl with our church. The Toilet Bowl happens every year on the day of the Super Bowl when our church's adults play our church's youth in a touch football game. During this years game, my friend Travis (who never shows up for basketball tournaments) said the Beasley blog had to much stuff about valances and gingham and twall and pink. I think there is a "Man Law" that requires a man post at least every 4 girly post so I give you the most testosterone filled post ever.
Ten sunrises past was Gladiator night at the church. Every winter solstice the young whippersnappers (youth) and the grizzled warriors (Mark, Matt, and I) gather in the coliseum (KUMC gym) to eat meat with our bare hands, drink blood (grape juice), and compete in warrior games (dodgeball, pushups, jousting, etc.). At the end of the competition the champion is knighted as the newest Gladiator. This event is really fun because it is a bunch of guys hanging out, celebrating our manhood and thanking the greatest Gladiator of all (God) for making us MEN - MANLY MEN.

2 comments:

The Vranas said...

I vote to go back to the gingham and valances posts. But thanks for trying, Gladiator.

Travis said...

Well done Mr. Beasley. Those were some manly pictures.