Last Thursday night, we had 2 Norwegian girls stay at our house. It's a long story, but the short of it is our friend, Matt and his family used to live in Norway. When the Norwegians visit us, they are just stopping through...they are on their way to Guatemala. Matt's mom helped organize their over night visit in Houston by finding host families that would house the students for an evening, rather than them staying in hotels. We did this last year, and we volunteered again this year. This year was truly amazing.
Josh and I had 2 girls stay with us named Camilla and Ingrid. They were so incredibly sweet and very talkative! I love how they asked so many questions and just wanted to chit-chat about anything and everything. When we were first driving into the neighborhood Ingrid said "Look! There yards look like they do in the movie Dennis the Menace." We all got a good laugh out of that one. Ingrid sat in our leather recliner, and we told her she could move the lever back to put her feet up. I don't think she's ever done this before because she wasn't quite sure how it worked. She kept saying "Whoa! Whoa!" Once Ingrid was lounged back in the chair, Camilla said, "She looks like Joey from Friends--how he lays in his recliner!" I thought that was too cute.
These girls were just wonderful, and I really had a great time with them. Here are some pictures I was able to get from their visit.




1 comments:
Wow, cool that we're mentioned in your blog! :) We had an absolutely FANTASTIC time in Houston with you, almost didn't want to leave for Guatemala after having met you guys! :)You are so nice and I miss you already... Hope we can meet again sometime! Hugs from Ingrid
Post a Comment