Thursday, February 8, 2007

7 random thoughts

I have lots of things going through my mind (kinda scary) so I will just talk about all of them. I have man things (football) for Travis and girl things (paint) for Michelle so everybody should be happy.

1. I am very blessed and thankful that God has given me a wife and life long partner at such a young age. I was playing basketball Tuesday night and I was talking to one of the guys. When we got done talking, I said "I am heading home to my wife" and he responsded "That must be nice" and that got me to thinking. It is nice, REALLY nice to come home to a wife and a dog and a family that I love and that loves me back. To be given all this is an everyday blessing from God and lots of times I forget that Amy, Sandy, Abby, and everything else belongs to God and he has choosen to bless me with them. PRAISE GOD!

2. Clear Lake women are CRAZY! Clear Lake is a suburb south of Houston where Andrea Yates, Clara Harris, and the astronaut woman all lived. I told Amy if we are ever in Clear Lake don't drink the water. Please pray for these women and their families.

3. National signing day for college football was yesterday. According to the people who rank the classes, La Tech had the 4th best class in the WAC. That is actually pretty impressive considering we only won 3 games last year. Coach Dooley appears to be turning things around and is exciting the alumni, fans, and recruits. I can't wait for the fall and Bulldog football. The kid pictured below is the #1 ranked prospect in the nation and has already been named the Bulldogs starting QB for 2007. 4. Tonight we have 2 students from Norway staying with us. They are studying Spanish and are traveling to either South or Central America to study. They always have an overnight stop in Houston and our friend's Mom arranges for them to have homes to stay in rather than staying in hotels. We housed 2 kids last year and it was lots of fun. They always have interesting viewpoints. Hopefully they will bring some Norweigan chocolate.

5. We are trying to pick the color to paint Abby's room. We decided on green and I have painted 2 different greens on the wall. Neither one is the "right" green and each green cost $8 a quart. Please pray for us to get the find the right color and have peace about the color we pick.

6. We are really starting to have parent anxiety. We wonder whether we are spirtually ready to have this baby. We don't pray, read the Bible, communicate with God, live Godly lives, rely on God, etc. enough now. We are learning in our home group Bible study how difficult it is to be Godly parents and to raise Godly children. Keep us in your prayers.

7. If you think you have a dysfunctional family you have never meet Jack Bauer. If you watch "24" you know what I am talking about. If you don't watch "24" you should rent Season 1 and you will be hooked.

Have a blessed weekend. We are heading the Dallas to visit Amy's friend since kindergarten and her husband before little Abby arrives.

0 comments: