I can't believe two months has already come and gone for Abby. Abby was officially two months old on July 10, but she had her two month check-up today (July 17). I had my list of questions ready for the doctor, and we were trying to discuss them, but Abby had a different agenda. She was already fussing before ANYTHING had even happened. (She must have been anticipating what was to come!) Of course, I get her SO calmed down (she was practically asleep) by the time the nurse comes in with the shots. It didn't take Abby but about 2 seconds to wake up from that! As soon as I could hold her she was calming down, and she about fell asleep on the ride home.
As of today, Abby is 11 lbs. 6oz., and she's 23" long. The doctor said she's right in the 50th percentile for both, and he said she's growing like a weed. We are anxious because we discussed with the Dr. about taking Abby OFF of Nutramigen and just trying soy milk. I'm very excited to try this, so we pray it works! One other thing the Dr. mentioned was that Abby has a bit of a flat head from laying on her back. He said she needs even more tummy time (which is more difficult, read paragraph below!). After these shots today, she ate once we got home and fell asleep on my chest, so I layed her in her crib on her tummy, and she slept for an hour and 15min. ON HER TUMMY!! That's amazing for her :-)
As of two months old, Abby's biggest accomplishment is rolling from her tummy to her back. She has now done this a total of 10 times! Smiling and talking is another of her favorite past times!
Here are some pictures from her busy day :-)
Laying on the table before her shots...
Being comforted by mommy!
Have a look at my band aides And my cute side profile :-)




4 comments:
I couldn't resist. I had to get on here and check it out as soon as I hung up. I LOVE the picture of you comforting her. That is just too precious!
Just a little tip I've learned, which I'm sure the doctor told you. Always keep tylenol at hand for shots. It's also recommended to give her some about a half and hour before shes gets the shots. Be prepared for her to be a little fussy for a day or two.
I guess that Abby will be getting used to more tummy time now. Glad that the doctor's visit went well! Love y'all!
aly
Poor Abby. Getting a shot is not exactly a sweet way to wake up. Addison was about the same size at her checkup and the doctor said she was in the 75th percentile. That's so strange.
Post a Comment