Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Josie’s 2 month appointment

November 1, which is already 8 days ago, Josie was TWO months.  Um, wow!  Time really is flying.  It’s funny how you just slip into what a new normal is.  It feels like there was never a time I wasn’t doing this newborn/baby thing.  Except I haven’t been doing it for 3 years, y’know?  Like they say—it’s like riding a bike.  Granted, all bikes aren’t created equal…as in my children aren’t exactly the same so it’s still hard (to me) because what might have worked for Abby, doesn’t exactly work for this one.  But all in all…we’re figuring each other quite nicely :)

Josie has really blossomed in her personality lately.  Her smiles and talking is SO.STINKIN.CUTE!!!!!!!!!  The things she does with her lips before she starts talking, and the little squeak of a sound that comes out—it’s precious!  She’s definitely getting more animated, and I just adore that!

At her 2 month appointment she weighed in at 10 pounds 2 ounces and she was 23 inches.  The Dr. said she looked great and to just keep doing what we’re doing.  She had to get her very first shots.  She did great!  Oh she cried—like the kinda cry where no sound comes out…just completely red in the face and wide open mouth for a few seconds followed by a very loud scream.  My poor sweet thing.  BUT she calmed down VERY quickly!  What a trooper.  I could NOT be one of those nurses that has to give shots to the itty bitties.  (Well, I couldn’t give a shot to anyone actually.  I’m a wimp, and I have to turn my head when one is given to me, haha).

Getting ready to go to the appointment…I love her little side profile.

IMG_1103

Waiting for the Dr. to come in…

 IMG_1106

 IMG_1108

Smiling and talking to us before the shots come

IMG_1112

IMG_1119

IMG_1111

IMG_1114

IMG_1121    

I mean, doesn’t that just make you smile?  Baby smiles always warm my heart :)

The Band-Aids

IMG_1153

No fever came, and she was in pretty good spirits the next day looking so sweet…

IMG_1161

 IMG_1159

4 comments:

Jaci said...

She's beautiful!

The Pences said...

She is so cute!!

Zach and Alyson said...

She is so sweet. I wish that I could meet her. And she looks so much like Abby in all of these pictures. You can definitely tell that they are sisters. You're doing a great job Amylou. ;-)

Love ya... Aly

The Vranas said...

I just love her expressions. Shots are always so hard. It sounds like she did great though. I can't wait to meet her!