Thursday, November 4, 2010

First Dentist Appointment

Abby’s first dentist appointment ever in life was on Friday, October 15.  I totally built this appointment up  because I had no idea how she was going to react to it.  I just had my own dentist appointment 2 days before hers.  (Side note:  Total and complete bummer for me.  I had put off going to the dentist for far too long and it caught up with me.  I seriously have THREE cavities!  I thought I was gonna cry when she told me.  I’ve only had ONE in my whole life.  Killer for sure.)  Anyway, I told Abby how neat it was at the dentist and they were going to look at her teeth, and it was just so much fun.  haha  If she only knew how I really felt :)

Abby was such a big girl, and I was so so so proud of her!

 IMG_5341

Red Baby got to watch the whole thing!

IMG_5342

IMG_5343

IMG_5344

As she started leaning the chair back, Abby went from huge smiles to a little unsure.

IMG_5345

Counting her teeth…

 IMG_5347

 IMG_5348

Love her legs here…

 IMG_5349

Checkin’ out what the lady is doing…

IMG_5350

IMG_5353

IMG_5356

Flossing…

IMG_5358

IMG_5362

Then we attempted doing x-rays.  She gagged, so they quit as to not scare her so she’ll come back happily!  haha  But the face I got in the second picture is so priceless.  She looks so precious, unsure, a little scared…it’s so cute!

 IMG_5364

 IMG_5365

Fluoride time!

IMG_5371

IMG_5370

They call the suction thing “Mr. Thirsty.”  Abby thought it was so cool she got to hold it herself and suck the fluoride out!

IMG_5369 

Finally, it was the actual dentist’s turn! 

IMG_5377

She got a good report.  The only thing the dentist said was that because her teeth are close together now on top, that when permanent teeth come in there will be crowding.  Whatcha’ gonna do?  I had my fair share of orthodontic care.  Sounds like Abby will, too!

1 comments:

The Vranas said...

These are adorable pictures, but I do wonder, what do the people think when you come into the dentist's office snapping away? It's so funny to watch Abby's progression as she starts off in the middle of the chair and then moves further and further away. I'm glad it was a great visit though. Yea Abby!