Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day Drop-off Success!

I started documenting her first day of school from the very beginning of the day. I walked in with the camera, and she stood up and said "cheese." :)
Then she showed me that her baby doll's hand fell off. Isn't that lovely? (Quick back story. The child has tons of super cute baby dolls. Nana B. was in town, and they took a trip into the Dollar Store where Abby had to have this particular doll--so says Nana, haha! And what do you know...its hand falls off!)


We got dressed, and it was picture posing time! I mean this "cheese" smile is, well, just that--so darn cheesy! And she wouldn't let go of the stroller, so fine--have the stroller in your picture, haha.

Trying to get a Mommy and Abby picture...
But then she was telling me the light was too bright (when it flashed)
Then she really started to work with me...I would tell her to sit, or do something with your feet, or crouch down. And she did!



Then we got to school, but she was too busy looking at everyone in the parking lot. I was able to get her with her backpack. She won't wear it on her back. I guess she thinks she's too cool for that :)
Her Class.

And the final look she gave me right before she went in to her class. Holding her hair--sweet girl. I think she was a little nervous, but not ONE tear was shed. She walked right in! I'm so proud of her being a big girl!
And now I'm off to see how her actual day was!! I can't wait to hear her stories :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I will need some of these pictures!!

Love ya, Nana H