Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The long awaited...

FIRST day of school is upon us! Woohoo :) Don't get me wrong, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my little Abby girl, but it's soooo good to have this time. And I absolutely adore hearing/seeing the things she comes home doing/singing/saying.

If you don't have Facebook or if I haven't talked to you, then you haven't gotten to find out that my child is in the "Playful Puppies" class. But wait, it gets better! Not only is she in the Playful Puppies class, but one of her teacher's names is Mrs. Sandi! I mean, how much more perfect can it be??! Seriously, I'm ecstatic over this. It's completely meant to be. We even met Mrs. Sandi today. And what a nice lady she is! She asked Abby, "What's your name?" and Abby replied, "I wanna go bye-bye." Niiiice. Abby completely laid on the drama by putting down the most pitiful bottom lip ever when she thought I was getting up to walk away and leave her. I told her teacher all the same 'ol stuff --we just need to get back in this routine, if she cries it'll stop shortly after I leave, we were here last year, yadda, yadda. Sometimes I just feel they're thinking in the back of their head, "Oh great, a clingy, crying child who doesn't want mommy to leave." (They gave me no impression like this whatsoever! These are obviously just my own insecurities.) Instead of them reassuring me that everything is going to be fine, I feel like I'm reassuring them that everything is going to be fine. Silly? Maybe. I just don't want to feel like Abby is going to be complicated for them. She won't be. She hasn't ever been. She'll do fine...I know that...I just know that they don't know that---yet. Y'know what I mean?

Because of my extra excitedness of this Playful Puppies class, and the love we have for our sweet Sandy...I had to get her outfit all planned out tonight. Ahhh, Gymboree--you keep on amazing me. This weenie dog line has Abby's name written all over it :)


Tomorrow, I'll actually have pictures with the munchkin in the clothes :)

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Even kids that go to school every day have their days where they don't want mommy to leave. Hunter had one this morning and surprisingly, I was even leaving him on the playground because we got there late! He still cried...poor guy. But teachers are used to this so don't let it bother you at all. Seriously!

The Vranas said...

You make me feel so much better. I wanted to take some pictures of Miller's clothes recently, but thought that would be silly. Now I see that great minds think alike!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see her in her little outfit! Anxious to hear about her first day!

Love ya, Nana H