Thursday, September 3, 2009

Our Austin Friends...

The Ege's! They don't really "belong" in Austin, but it's where they are for now :) And we were so happy that we got to visit them last weekend! We had a great time!

We got there around 8:45ish Friday night. Caleb greeted us, naked, at the door. Perfect. I guess the Ege's are really getting into the slogan "Keep Austin Weird." haha, kidding! They wanted to play together for a bit before bed, so they had their fun time being silly on the mattress pulled out for us.
The next morning we went to their mall. It had a nice little area to ride some cars...and by ride, I just mean those little rides where you put in 75 cents, and it goes back and forth. Honestly, I've never done them for Abby when we're at Wal-mart or something. So this probably was her first time with it. She chose to ride on Thomas.
Then the kiddos got in the pink car together....

Then we went to the little mall play area...and she followed Caleb wherever he went!
For the rest of Saturday the guys had their fun--playing basketball. And then Kim and I got our chance to shop a little and scrap.

Sunday morning, it was time for some group pictures. First of just the kids. (LOVE Caleb's arm around the girls.) Are these kiddos precious or what?

Then I LOVE when we set-up the camera and get a shot with everyone in it! It's so funny to try to tell the kids, "ok, watch the light blink, here it comes, here it comes..." It cracks me up, but then again, maybe I'm easily amused :)
We visited their church and then drove around a bit to see the houses in "hill country." It really is so weird to see so many hills, but it's really beautiful, too! Then we went out to eat at a BBQ place. It was great!
I love this picture of Caleb...it's just too cute!


We are so thankful we got to have that time with them! Thanks, Ege's, for letting us crash at your place, keep you up late with our hilarious conversations, and take over Callie's room--can't wait to do it again :)

1 comments:

The Vranas said...

Awe! I'm so glad you got to spend some time with them. Love the pictures of all the kids together. So sweet.