Monday, November 17, 2008

Allow me to be sappy for a minute...

Picking up Abby from school is the highlight of my whole week! I absolutely LOVE seeing her sweet, smiling face when I peek around the corner. The second she sees me, she comes running with her arms up, ready for me to scoop her up.

She is so precious while we're walking to the car. She's so full of hugs and kisses. She is practically petting my face like she hasn't seen me in a month. She tells me hi 10,000 times and just continues to wave and wave at me. I've practically kissed her cheeks off by the time we've made it to the car. I know it sounds so silly, but it makes me feel so good! I love the feeling that she loves me so much, and she misses me when I'm gone!

Like my previous post mentioned, we did have a super busy weekend. The teacher said this morning that she really wanted to be held a lot of the time. They found that so unusual of her, that they decided to take her temperature. She didn't have one (whew!), and after lunch she perked up a bit. But they said she went down for her nap SO easily, and she slept for 1 hour and 45 minutes! That nap would be typical at home, but at school they are never that long. I know she was ultra pooped from all her activities throughout the weekend! The teacher asked her if she woke up early this morning (which she did!), and the teacher said Abby nodded "yes" several times, like she knew exactly what she had asked!

Abby makes my heart smile, and she makes my world feel so complete! :-) I love you, lovebug!

4 comments:

The Vranas said...

Your posts make me so happy. I love how sweet this last one was. It just makes me so excited for when we have our own little one. So sweet.

The Perkins said...

Awwww....that's so sweet!! You are the best mommy ever!!

Zach and Alyson said...

If I had a little Abby, I know that she would always brighten my day! ;-) I'm so glad that you're little Abby is such a blessing! ;-)

Chris, Jana, Noah and Porter said...

She is so precious! The canvas was hand drawn/painted. I'm going to add the pics from the party tonight and you can see it with the signatures. It was fun! And she got her bedding from JCPennys. I love it!