Last Thursday my squirrel drama continued. It was like any other, normal day for us. I was opening the door in the afternoon to let Sandy go out to do her business. The second I opened the door, we both saw it. The squirrel. In the middle of the yard. Sandy took off!
The squirrel ran over to this pile (isn't that a lovely pile we keep in our backyard?).But, Mr. Squirrel soon realized, he couldn't make the jump to the top of the fence post. So, he had to make a split second decision. The decision ended up being running through this gunk--remember we had a lot of rain...that's why we have all that gunk! (with my super fierce dog on its tail)
and run up this to be safe.
So Sandy waited and waited. But we had to call it quits. I think we would've waited forever.
Abby had school that Thursday, and I put her in this super sweet dress. I can't help it...I love the fact that we can wear dresses now :-)
Remember how I said she likes to hang a graham cracker out of her mouth, and that's how Sandy reached up and took it. So, this is what that looks like...
My parents came into town Thursday evening, and Friday morning mom and I got up and headed out to the Nutcracker Market. That place is insane! Awesome, yet insane. The parking is crazy, and we were parked so far away that we had to take a little tram to even get inside. Considering this only runs for 4 days, it is PACKED! I did find some super cute little treasures, but I think I might pass next year. I'm such the internet shopper these days, and I'm able to find some really neat, unique gifts that way--and I'm beating the crowds! I'm glad I went, but I think I would be just fine to go every other year :-)
My dad kept Abby, and they had some fabulous one on one time. Abby calls my dad Pop, and she says it now, too! They went on a walk...Abby in the wagon. Dad showed us pictures when we got home. He had placed the wagon (with Abby in it, of course) next to some really pretty flowers, and Abby is just smiling away. How cute is that? I'll have to post the picture once I get it!
Saturday was another busy day, but this time the day was intended for Abby. We went back down to the same area as the Nutcracker Market, but we went to Disney on Ice. Back in July, Abby got to go to the circus and she was mesmerized. I thought the same would be true with the Disney on Ice. She was eating her lunch before the show started, but then the announcer came over the speaker and said the show was going to begin and the lights immediately went out and loud music came on, and I think it just startled her. But, once she saw how bright and colorful and exciting it all was, then she started clapping and smiling. Not before she fell asleep on me, though. She did the same thing at the circus. She slept for almost 40 minutes. Once awake, she continued her clapping! It really was a cool show!




2 comments:
She's so super cute! Can't wait to see y'all at Thanksgiving so I can kiss her cheeks off...if she'll let me hold her this time. ha! I love picking Peyton up from school too...he does the same things as Abby! Maybe they're related. :-)
Wow she is growing so much. I love the outfits you find for her. I hope you take care of the squirrel problem, I sure did in our yard....hehe!!
Love & Kisses from cold Kansas
Aunt Linda
Post a Comment