Wednesday, June 18, 2008

School Day

OK, seriously, my favorite thing about going to pick-up Abby from school, is getting in her backpack to get that cute little "Report Card" of how she did for the day. When I got in her bag today...I had Jonah's. Although Jonah did very good today, I don't even know who Jonah is! What a disappointment!

I didn't ask too many questions to her teachers because I knew I would read through her report card and get answers to almost everything. They did tell me she did great and didn't cry a bit. (Although when I dropped her off this morning, she gave BIG tears this time. They say it stops in about 2 seconds, so that's fabulous!) They used finger paint today to make the planets because the theme is "Space the Final Frontier." It was very cute, and they said she wanted to put both hands into the paint instead of just one finger at a time. So far, when I pick her up she has been in the silliest mood when we get home. She cracks me up!

Another random note. Last week, they sent home the schedule of events for what the kids would be doing through August. I was really discouraged because out of the 7 times Abby goes, 3 of the scheduled times were "movie days" and 1 other one was "playtime." However, on the Tuesday/Thursday days, they were designated for actual activities. But Abby only goes 1 day a week, on Wednesday. I decided to e-mail the director to see if Abby could move days because had I known Wednesday would be the "play" day, I wouldn't have signed her up. The director, Beth, wrote me back and said what the kids do on Tuesday, they will now do on Wednesday (because most kids go on Tues./Thurs. or just Wed.) When I got all the papers out of Abby's backpack today, there was a new calendar for July, and it had the other "learning" activities listed for Wednesday this time. It made me so excited to see that--Way to go me :-)

Here are a few pictures of Abby this morning before we left for school. She appears to be looking very serious and concentrating. It's cute :-)




3 comments:

Zach and Alyson said...

I love that little outfit. What a precious little one! ;-)

The Pences said...

You know "Space the Final Frontier" is a Star Trek theme. Just FYI.

Unknown said...

Our Lord says: You have not because you ask not. What a wonderful testimony to show that Jesus is interested in everything in our lives. I would have made the same request and yes, I agree, Way to go Amy!