I really was serious about wanting Abby's "Report Card" from school today. Because the one I received had Jonah's name on it, I went to the list the school had given us of all the kids in Abby's class. I found Jonah's last name, and decided I would try to look up his family in the Yahoo White pages. Only one family came up on the search (it was meant to be.) I called it. That's right people...I had NO idea if these people even had a Jonah, but no one answered.
So.....I left a message :-) Rambling on a bit in the message it sounded something like this, "Hi, my name is Amy Beasley, and I think ya'll have a Jonah in my daughter's class. And this might sound silly but I got his report card in my daughter, Abby's bookbag, and I'm really wanting hers, so if you could possibly call me, that would be so great, thanks." AND--she did! Hooray! She's just as silly as me. I told her she's my first child and this whole experience is new for us, and I LOVE getting that piece of paper in her bag. She said they hang Jonah's on the fridge, and she was so glad I called.
The moral of this story: I'm not as weird as you people thought. She was so glad I called, too :-)
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Just so you know...
Posted by
The Beasley's
at
6:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Sorry to tell you, Amy, but you ARE just as weird as we though. It just turns out that Jonah's mom is weird, too. :)
I don't think it's weird at all. I can't believe she's already going to school. You are much braver than I am! She sounds like she's having fun, though.
I'm with Jessica - two wierds don't make a normal...but it does make for a fun story!
I was just as "wierd" as you call it, I called it obessive. I am just now throwing away Josh's papers from pre-school. I totally understand how you feel. You are just being a great mom!
Post a Comment