Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Success!

This is what I had in Abby's backpack when we got home. The things highlighted in yellow are how/what Abby did.
Hooray! When I walked in to the classroom, of course, I immediately asked how she was. They said she did GREAT, and she didn't cry at all. That's my girl! MY CHILD, napped...ON. THE. FLOOR. for an hour. Ohmigoodness! That's absurd and so exciting :-)

When we came home, she was kind of tired. An hour all day in sleep is NOTHING compared to what she regularly gets. She didn't want to lay down again, so I got out her napmat to see what she would do. She crawled over to it and layed her head down and said "awww." She didn't sleep, but she was in the BEST mood all night long. I can't begin to tell you how hard she made us laugh tonight. The child was hilarious! (Don't worry, it was captured on video, so ya'll will be able to laugh with us once I edit it.) Next Wednesday, I might be able to enjoy my day a bit more instead of worrying the whole time about how she's doing :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad our little dolly had a great first day -- you will feel better Amy next week when you take her back!! What a memorable first report card!

Love ya, Nana H

The Hoeflers said...

So glad Abby had a great first day. Before you know it, she'll be ASKING to go to "school"!! Peyton has asked everyday for 3 weeks...thank goodness we start back on Tuesday! yea! We need to plan some time together...these babies need some play time! love ya!

Zach and Alyson said...

I'm so glad that Abby loved her first day of school! I hope that you enjoy your mother's day out more next week because Abby will be just fine! ;)

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

So glad she enjoyed school. Hunter starts his new school tomorrow and will be trying the nap mat thing. I feel more confident after hearing about Abby's experience!! Yay!