Abby and I had our very first swim on Friday. She did SO fantastically, and I was absolutely thrilled! She did SO great, in fact, that she fell asleep in my arms!! It was really sweet. I really didn't think that I would've taken her for a swim this summer because I thought she was going to be too small. Several of my friends with kids her age or a bit younger had already gone, so I decided I wanted to try it out, too.
We were given a 2-piece swim suit from our friends, (Thanks Eric and Kelly!), and it was super cute on Abby. That is what she wore for her very first swim.
The 2-piece swimsuit
In mommy's arms
Drying off (check out those eye lashes!)Josh actually missed her first swim because he absolutely HAD to see The Bourne Ultimatum, so my friend and I went to the pool with our kids. When Josh came home from the movie, he saw pictures I had taken. Being the protective daddy he most certainly is, he decided a 2-piece swim suit for Abby was not suitable. He was bound and determined to find her a one piece swim suit. His motto is "Modest is the Hottest!" So Saturday morning, he got up and took Abby to the mall all by himself!!! He was successful in his search, so she now owns a one piece as well.
We had a swim party with our Sunday school class, and we ended up with adorable pictures. This is the new, fashionable, one piece swim suit. On the ride home, she was peeking out at me from her car seat. It was so cute because I could only see those little eyes.
Monday, August 6, 2007
My little fish
Posted by
The Beasley's
at
2:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
SO CUTE! can't wait to see Abby in her "modest" swimsuit this weekend. Love you all!
Nice job on the suit, Josh! Both are adorable, but I'm impressed that Josh found such a stylish suit for Abby. Glad the swimming went well and thanks for sharing the pics. We should go together sometime!
Kristi :)
We (ok, I was) were unsure as to whether you guys would think a 2-piece was appropriate, but Eric would not leave the store without it. I don't blame Josh, but she looked so cute in it! :)
I'm so glad Abby liked swimming. Addison always falls asleep in the pool, too. I figure she's just really relaxed. I LOVE the one-piece Josh bought. He did a good job.
those pics are so precious. Josh sounds just like my brother. He refuses to let his 1 year old daughter go anywhere in a two piece. Too sweet!
I love both of her little swimsuits. She's going to be a swimmer. I just know it. ;-) That last pic is so funny... she kinda has a deer in the headlights look. Love ya!
Well, this is from the Nana Beasley. I believe that my love lump would look great in any swimsuit. I liked the way that both of them looked on her, but, I too am glad to see the protective and parental view Josh has expressed. She is blessed to have such Godly parents. I know how much Josh loves water sports so I guess Abby is just showing her favorites at an early age. Amy, she looks so cute with you in the pool. See you this weekend!
Post a Comment