Monday, June 4, 2007

Feeling a bit encouraged!

I hate to speak too soon, but after my last post, I think a few things are starting to turn around. The new formula has been in Abby's system over 48 hours now, and she definitely seems to be a bit more at ease.

She has not been drawing up her legs with gas pains as often, she doesn't cry nearly as much, not that you care to hear about her bowel movements...but she seems to be having them more frequently and not getting it all built up inside for a full day.

When she sleeps, she is by far the LOUDEST sleeper I have ever come across. I jump up all the time because I think she's about to start busting out crying, but she just grunts and squeaks, makes faces and turns red from pushing and stretching and then drifts right back off to sleep. This happens every 30min. or so...it's insane!

Because of the crazy week we had, Nana and Pop decided to come down and spend some time with Abby so Josh and I could go out to dinner one night and church the next morning. We felt like young kids again dating--ha! We had a great evening, though and were extremely thankful to Nana and Pop!

I must leave you with the "Funny Faces of Abby" after a meal...

"The Peaceful Face"

"The Eyes Rolling Face"

"The Bottom Lip Down Face"

"The Half Smile Face"

Often, while in her car seat, the bouncer, or the swing, she prefers the "Break my neck" look--no matter if we try to put blankets to stop her from doing this, she always ends up back in this position.

Here is Nana with Abby--Nana puts her to sleep every time!

Finally, Abby with her Daddy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok so next to Peyton she's the prettiest baby ever! I can't believe how much she's changed since last week! I think she and Peyton would be a good run off for the loudest sleeper...thats why he slept in the bathroom for the first 3 months of his life...we all slept though. Glad she is doing better..we miss y'all tons! Love you!!

The Pences said...

I love those faces! It was so great to see you all last night. Joanna definitely enjoyed meeting her new little friend!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything is going better. Addison makes the same faces, and does the "breaking-her- neck lay." It just looks so uncomfortable. Cute pictures!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that things are getting better! She's beautiful. The eyes rolling look is a little scary, but I'm sure it's fun to watch all of her faces. Hope to talk to you soon! Love you!
Aly

Theresa, Chris, Aidan and Logan said...

GREAT pics. Love the bottom lip thing. I am also glad that things are starting to settle down a little. What a blessing!