Friday, December 29, 2006

Clean Teeth!

Well, yes Josh and I do have clean teeth--but this post is for Sandy. Sandy had her very FIRST dental cleaning yesterday. I do NOT like having to drop my dog off at the vet, knowing they are going to put her under, and I have to wait 7 hours until I see her again. I'm just not good at that. It makes me so sad because my sweet little Sandy has NO idea what is going on. Generally, she's great in the car, but she's been to the vet several times these past few weeks for checks-ups and blood work, so I feel she definitely knows the "roads" we take to get to the vet. She starts crying and shaking in the car. Then I basically just have to hand her off to the technician, which I can't stand!!

But thankfully, everything went very well yesterday. I was able to pick her up at about 3pm. She was definitely a bit groggy, and her eyes showed that. She cuddled me when we got home--I know she was so happy to be back at home. Of course, I had to take some pictures of this experience.

Check out these pearly whites on Sandy now! It's amazing how a teeth cleaning can totally make her bad breath go away :-)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Sandy!! No, I'm just playing. I've been thinking about getting Lexie's teeth cleaned because her breath is FUNKY!! I tried brushing her teeth, but she doesn't like that very much. If you promise the bad breath will leave then I'll do it. And guess what??? We are getting TWO new puppies ;-) Don't ask, I know we're crazy. I'll send you pics of them when we get them next weekend!! Love you,
Ashley