Monday, December 18, 2006

Meet Daisy

We are dog sitting this weekend for a couple who is on the ski trip with our church. We've kept Daisy on several other occasions, and Sandy and Daisy get along beautifully. Daisy is SO sweet and lovable, and she's got the cutest ears (when she perks them up they remind me of pigtails).

These past few days she's been a bit mischievous. (Hopefully Sandy isn't picking any of it up!) Daisy nosed her way into my bookbag and ate a half a pack of gum! I freaked out!!! Of course, I didn't realize it at first because she snuck it under the dining room table. Now, her poop is beautifully colored with silver foil (from the wrappers!) The internet said some bad things can happen to dogs with certain sugars that are in this gum, but I monitored her very closely--and she's still as crazy as ever :-) She also got into some of my Christmas stuffed animals I have out, and she decided those were HER toys! Needless to say, we picked all those up very quickly. I think she's just preparing me for my child!
I wanted to include some pictures of the two girls playing. I tried to snap the pictures as quick as possible, but of course, they're dogs so they're running like maniacs as I'm TRYING to take a picture! This first one is how they do their "stare down" of one another. They'll stare at eachother for quite awhile, and then suddenly take off after eachother! Obviously, Daisy WAS looking at Sandy, but by the time my camera snapped she moved her head.
This last picture is what I like to call their "booty dance." They ALWAYS have to smell eachother's behind. It should be a one time thing, when they first see eachother--like shaking hands or hugging for us. But no, theirs is consistent!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for my Bailey and Sandy to meet... Bailey will probably not like Sandy at first, but I'm sure that they will be best of friends by the end. ;-) Can't wait to know whether it's going to be baby Preston or Abby. Love ya!
Aly

Neena said...

I love the pictures. Your dogs are so cute!!!