Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Being Behind Part 3

Sometimes before I even put Abby in a dress, I know I will want to get a picture because I think the dress is just too cute. Sadly, I don't think these pictures really do it justice. To me, this dress is just precious! Granted my child isn't really looking, or she's giving the super goob smile, but you at least see a bit of it :)
These next pictures are from Abby's first day of school for the summer session. First let me say, my child thrives on routine. When the school year was up for "summer" she was doing SO good at just walking into the room and playing with her friends. Now I'm practically starting all over again. We've been out of the school routine for about a month...just waiting for the summer session to start. Which means she hasn't really left me much for all that time. Sure we've had some church stuff to go to, but no longer than a few hours, y'know? Oh, she's so upset when I drop her off right now. Can I just begin to express how much I hate that? She makes me feel so awful. Obvioulsy, and like always, the good news is the teachers say it never lasts but for a few seconds, and the little report I get at the end of the day always says she's been happy and playful. But c'mon girlfriend, don't make me feel so terrible the second I leave you!

Just so you know, in her hand is this giraffe balloon that she got a mexican restaurant. She loves this little balloon, and on this particular day she would not put it down for picture purposes, which is fine...I'm just saying :)




Um, big giraffe neck got in the way here!

Whew, 3 posts today! And Abby just woke up...I feel so accomplished :)

6 comments:

The Vranas said...

I swear I think her hair is getting curlier! I just love it pulled to the side with that little pink bow. Staying with the hair idea, I just love your hair this length as well. I know it's probably killing you, and you're only doing it for ponytail purposes, but I think it looks great!

The Vranas said...

I swear I think her hair is getting curlier! I just love it pulled to the side with that little pink bow. Staying with the hair idea, I just love your hair this length as well. I know it's probably killing you, and you're only doing it for ponytail purposes, but I think it looks great!

The Pences said...

Yay!! Thank you for all the catch-up posts! The decor for the shower was gorgeous -- you ladies do good work! Abby is cute as ever. We're definitely looking forward to summer session around here, too. I'm glad Joanna's easy going when I drop her off, but sometimes I wouldn't mind a tear so I know she loves me. :) Seriously, though she's like "don't let the door hit ya, mom!" She LOVES it at the church. It helps that it's her home away from home, though. Sorry for the long, rambling comment. Sometimes I just can't help myself. :)

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

And I swear her hair is getting blonder!! I guess the summer will do that. Good catch up, girl! As always, she's wonderfully beautiful. We'll have to do a play date once baby girl arrives and I'm off work for a few months.

Kristi :)

The Perkins said...

I love that sweet little dress! She is just too cute!

The Bowens said...

May I just say that her curls are THE BEST!! what a sweetie