It took us awhile to actually get Abby warmed up to the idea of going to the pool. When we first started trying to get Abby in the water this summer, it was at the end of May. The water still had a bit of a chill to it. It did to me anyway. Sure, there were plenty of people that had no problem getting in, but if I'm the least bit cold, I hate it. I can't force myself in cold water...I just can't do it. No matter if people say, "you just have to get your whole body in, and you'll get used to it." No, really, I won't!
So my thought is Abby is this same way. When we tried getting her in, oh she cried! She preferred walking around the pool. Well, I just didn't see the fun in going to the pool to just walk around the pool. We gave up for a bit, but then one day during the day Abby and I had nothing to do. I decided THIS was the day! She was going to get in! The water was perfect...I could walk right down the steps and get in with no problem. She was concerned in the beginning, but after I spun her around and showed her how fun it could be, she really started to relax and enjoy herself.
Now, folks, she asks for what she lovingly refers to as "pool water!" Hooray for progress :) She also likes to talk about getting her swim suit on. She sounds so cute when she says it! I think we're due for a video...it's been a LONG time since I've posted one. I'll work on that!
She got this swim suit for her birthday, and I think it's so sweet with the little ruffles on her bottom. And I've mentioned how I love the "criss cross" look, and this bathing suit has that, too! (Thanks Leah!) I kinda have a swim suit addiction..she owns like 5. I can't help myself. They're cheap and so cute!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Pool Water
Posted by
The Beasley's
at
9:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Thanks for the sweet comments about Bailey. Abby is precious with those little curls. Wish that my swimsuit was as cheap as hers.
Love this suit, and that smile in the last photo - sooooo cute!
So cute! Love the ruffles and the curls!
Post a Comment