I've had two party type things (one a baby shower and one a going away party) go on within the past month.
The baby shower was for my friend, Michelle, who is due to have Miller any day now! We're getting so excited for his arrival. This shower was in Bossier at my parents house, and my mom and I threw it for her. I've thrown lots of baby showers as of lately with all my friends here, and I'm so used to each person having a specific role. When it's just 2 people, it makes for a lot more work. Don't get me wrong, though--it's still super fun! Everytime I've thrown a shower with friends here, we pick a theme. So, of course, when my mom and I started talking about the shower, my mind immediately went to "What's the theme going to be?" Let me just say, when I get into a theme, I really like to get into a theme! The theme we decided on was baby elephants--I've just always liked little blue elephants, and honestly, I had no idea if Michelle did, but dangit, she was going to like this! :)
In the dining room, the view of the whole table. We even had little elephant napkins!
This banner I bought off Etsy. Love the work this woman does...so cute!
The second party was at my own house. It was a going away party for our good friends, Matt and Kim. Although this party wasn't nearly as exciting to me (sorry guys!), but going away parties aren't as pleasurable because, well...you are going away and just where is the fun in that?!? So the deal is our friends moved to the Austin area so Matt could go to UT to get his doctorate in something that's over my head (over achiever! jk jk!!), but they both first graduated from A&M. Obviously the loyalty stays with A&M, but it was only appropriate to have a WHOLE lot of UT stuff out (because remember, I like to get into a theme!), and that's where they'll be the next 5 years, anyway. It's only been almost 2 weeks since they left, but we miss them something bad!!! Abby calls Caleb "wub" and the other day she said "wub bye-bye." Maybe she's starting to realize she hasn't seen him in awhile?!? She started talking about Matt today, too...for whatever reason, they've popped into her head. Anyway, we love you, Ege's! :)



2 comments:
Did you take pictures of y'all and the Ege's? Just wondering. Love the decor... would have to say that burnt orange is much better than the maroon anyway. ;-)
Girl, of course I loved the elephants, did you see the post I did of the door to Miller's room. I can't believe you put the baby shower with a UT going away party though, that's just wrong! It's OK though, since they're both former Ags. :-) Anyway, I know this one was a tough one for you, but the shower was decorated beautifully!
Post a Comment