Friday, January 2, 2009

Where do I even start?

I'm absolutely SO behind in the blogging side of my life. I've heard it said before that blogging can be like laundry, when you get so behind you don't want to do it at all. I love blogging, but I hate being behind. I've read everyone elses blogs, but that's so easy--I'm not having to do any work :)

All that being said, I'm just going to start at the beginning. We had some sad news given to us before Christmas. I took Sandy to the vet for a regular check-up, but we also had found a bump on her back, so of course, I pointed this out the vet. After them taking a sample of it, we found out she has a malignant tumor. I was completely and utterly shocked and upset. She's had surgery since (on Dec. 30) to remove the tumor, and we still don't know how far along her cancer is. For some dogs, the surgery is completely enough, and I'm hoping and praying that is Sandy's case. She is totally fine otherwise; you'd have NO idea she was sick at all...plenty of energy, eats fine, sleeps fine. I love my little Sandy girl, and I want her to be with us a lot longer :)

Now fast forward to Christmas...We first had Christmas with Josh's family on Wednesday night. Abby had a great time with her cousins. She loves playing with Faith! I love her hands here.



Then on Christmas morning, we woke up at my parents house. This time, she totally loved playing with Petyon. She is like his little tag along sister. It's so funny! Peyton had this train on a string that he would pull all around the house, and it never failed that you would see Abby at the very end...just following along.When it came to actually opening presents, Abby was interested, but not as interested as I might have imagined. She would find something she liked, and then she was content to walk around with just that one thing and not go on to the next present.


The child LOVES doing handstands! The ONE picture we got of a sitting still child in front of the tree. Do we love the hand?
Did I ever mention that Abby loves pulling her shirt up to expose her belly? It happens...frequently. Oh, and have I ever mentioned yet that Josh is riding in the MS 150 in April?!? For those that are unfamiliar, that menas that my husband is riding on a BIKE from Houston to Austin! Holy Comolie! So here's his new helmet for the adventure!! Peyton got one of those awesome motorized jeeps from Nana and Pop. He wasn't too interested in it at first, but boy did Abby enjoy it!
Sandy got to ride, too!

Playing a little basketball!
See, they really do love each other so much!!We had such a fabulous time with our family! Christmas seemed like it flew by, but this definitely wasn't the end of our visit. Josh and my alma mater, Louisiana Tech, played in the Independence Bowl. Those pictures deserve a post of its own, though :)

5 comments:

The Pences said...

I'm so proud of you -- way to dig into that laundry! Love Abby's little hands -- so cute!

The Hoeflers said...

So cute. We loved getting to spend time with y'all at Christmas...can't wait for Disney World! Hope Sandy is doing well and we'll be praying for her!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I'm glad Sandy is feeling better. :o)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed Christmas so much. It was a wonderful time to share the holiday with everyone together. We are so blessed to have such awesome grandchildren, and children. I cannot wait until we are all together again. Kiss my Abby for Pap and me.
Love Nana B.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Hunter was the same way Christmas morning - opened one present and didn't want to do anything else but play with that present. At least we know they liked their gifts, eh?

Kristi :)