I must say I definitely feel loved because I've had several people ask me if I'm doing OK since I haven't posted on my blog lately :) My newest addiction has been Facebook, so I've found I've been on there a bit more recently then updating my blog. I'll work on that.
I have so many random things I want to share...
1. Back around Christmastime, Josh and I were in our bathroom getting ready for church, and Josh has shaving cream all over his cheeks, and Abby walks in, points at Josh and says, "Ho, ho, ho!"
2. Abby loves giving high-fives right now. Once she starts, she has to go around and give them to everyone. Sandy is also included in this. Abby will walk over and just touch her paw. Then Abby looks at you like she's just done the most amazing thing.
3. Abby never even watches Elmo, but Elmo is one of the characters on her diaper. She says Elmo ALL the time (Winnie the Pooh is often Elmo, too). Now, even when she poops, often times her sign to let me know is she points to her diaper and says Elmo.
4. I ask Abby, "Do you love your family?" and she shakes her head up and down very vigorously, and says YES! (She said no for awhile, which I definitely don't think she meant, but she was confusing the two :)
5. Last night, after we put Abby to bed, she was all fine and quiet in her crib for almost 10 minutes. Then she started wailing, I heard a thud over the monitor, then it sounded like she started coughing and choking. You have never seen me get up from a chair so fast. Josh was upstairs, and I just yelled, JOSH JOSH JOSH! Seriously, I was so panicked. My heart was beating so fast, and I already had tears in my eyes. Dramatic? Maybe, but I'm telling you, if you heard it, too...you would've been concerned. I fly in her room, and she's simply standing up crying to death for the paci that is now on the floor. She often sticks her feet out the crib (which I believe is the thud I heard--foot hitting wall), and she was crying so hard I think she was choking on her tears. I mean really...do I need a heart attack at such a young age?
6. Last weekend Josh and I went to the PBR (Professional Bull Riding). I love this stuff. It's so fun, and so awesome to watch! I even wore boots (Thanks, Kim!!) and a semi-cowgirlish shirt. It was freezing anyway, so my jacket covered it all up, but the fact remains that it was an awesome show.
The usual "arm out" shot.
For all you Longhorn fans...
8. We had Sandy's big appointment on Tuesday. NO cancer has spread to her other organs! Hooray! After they did her inital surgery to remove the tumor itself, there is a small amount of cancer cells that still remain, so as of now, they say we can do nothing, and see if the tumor grows back (which if it does, it would more than likely happen within 6-12 months), or we can choose to do radiation. She would have to have 18 rounds of radiation, 3 times a week, which is about 6 weeks worth. The amount of money it takes to actually do that, is A. LOT.9. Today at Abby's school was pajama day. Too bad I didn't remember that. We could've gotten ready a lot quicker if I didn't have to change her clothes :) She did look awfully sweet and grown up in her cute little sweater, though.
Here she is "backing it up" to get herself on the box. Yes, I know there is an easier way to go about this, but this is the Abby way :)








4 comments:
I'm glad you posted...I've missed reading about your life. It sounds like the appt with the oncologist went well. Are you just going to wait it out? I hope you have a great weekend. Love you!!
Oh finally...I got my Abby fix! She's so darn cute..we can't wait to spend a whole week with her in one short week! yea! I'll be anxious to see if she calls all the characters..Elmo! ha! Love y'all!
Your little girl is so big! We've missed seeing you guys regularly, and she is just growing up so fast!
Thanks for all the updates and pics. I am avoiding facebook like the plague because I simply CANNOT add anything else to my life right now... I haven't blogged since Dec 17th... so you know, you're doing better than me! We'll continue to pray about Sandy, we want every speck of cancer gone gone gone.
Post a Comment