Thursday, January 22, 2009

Metamorphosis

When I originally planned Abby's room, the main thought in my head was polka dots and stripes. Except I NEVER could find exactly what I was picturing in my head. I finally decided I loved (what I have now from Pottery Barn Kids) the pink and green look. I wanted to incorporate baby animals in, which I did in a small way, and flowers.

Pinks, greens, and flowers were inspired first by this...And as time went on, the love of little birdies grew on me, and now I look around, and these are all the cute birdies I see.



These sheets have recently been added to the collection :) I can't help myself, I LOVE the little birds now!

This morning Abby didn't actually wake-up on her own. It was 8:30am, and I went in there, seeing her still sleeping, and decided I HAD to take a picture. She woke up shortly after this, which I needed her to, so we could get to school on time.

Aren't sleeping babies so super sweet?!?! I've always loved the "little behind up in the air" look :) It doesn't look comfortable to me at all, but we find her like this quite often. The "me" thing is still happening--she doesn't want it at naps or nite-nite time. I never imagined this day would come. For awhile the child held on to THREE when she went to bed, and now suddenly, she is preferring the cold turkey approach!

Lately, during our eating time, Abby decides to put her hands together and pray again. She'll want everyone around the table to do the same thing, then she decides when prayer is over, and puts her hands in the air, and says, "Amen!" It's too cute. I got a little bit of it on video today. (Non-edited like last time).

4 comments:

The Perkins said...

Amy, she is just too stinkin' precious!! I love her little prayer with the amen at the end. So cute!!

The Hoeflers said...

wow I really could just eat her up. Can't wait to get my hands on her in just a few short days!! Love her sleeping picture...those are the best!

Wendy said...

Gotta love their little booties up in the air!! And when they cross their feet...looks like she is? Hard to tell..Dillon is super cute with his bootie up and his feet criss-crossed!! :) Hope you have a great time at Disney!!!

Zach and Alyson said...

Too cute... it's like she knows just how long the prayer is supposed to be... there's a pause and then all the sudden, "Amen". I want to see that little one in person... when do you think?