Saturday, January 3, 2009

How 'bout them Dawgs?

Louisiana Tech had their pep rally at the Shreveport Convention Center the night before the Independence Bowl, and just in case you aren't up-to-date, Tech won! Granted, I didn't actually go to the game, but that's because I knew I would complain that I was too cold, and I didn't want to ruin Josh's experience :) However, going to Tech's pep rally was just too fun!

We got Abby all dolled up in her Tech cheerleading outfit. She was just precious and completely full of smiles this night. She makes me smile!


She was giving people this smile all night long--y'know, the crinkled nose smile?!? I adore it!
Louisiana Tech Family (Abby will ALWAYS have this look on her face because my dad sets the timer on the camera, so it's blinking, and I guess she's so intrigued about it.)

After the pep rally was over, we decided to be "those people" and ask the cheerleaders, danceline, and guy cheerleaders to pose with us for a picture! My mom is all about doing that, and generally, I feel stupid about it. Josh was holding Abby, and I wanted to get her picture with a guy cheerleader. Remember, I said I feel stupid about it AND Josh was holding her, so I made him run over and do it. After I actually saw the picture... ...I decided that it's just too weird for Josh to be posing with the guy cheerleader :) Look at Abby's face, though--hilarious!

So then, the danceline (The Regal Blue) had been posing for all these people to take pictures of them. They were starting to get up and I just asked two girls if I could snag them for a picture, but this is what I got...

They all were so cute. All the sudden they were ALL behind me, and they said if you don't mind we all will. Sure!

Then, considering Abby was in her cheerleader outfit, I found it only right for her to get her picture with a few of the cheerleaders. I LOVE this picture. Abby has the best smile! I love it when we do Move the Chains, too, so I told them they could have those signs out :) (I'm a dork, I know!)

Abby enjoyed every second of this night. She didn't even eat dinner until almost 7:30pm, but she was so intrigued by everything...the band, the dancing, the cheering and clapping. It was really fantastic!

That morning, Josh and my dad had actually gone to an FCA breakfast that the Independence Bowl put on, and Josh got his picture with Tech's head coach: Coach Dooley. Josh was on cloud 9, no doubt!

6 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

Abby is just about the cutest little thing! That crinkle smile is adorable! I'm sending this to my friend Amanda...she and her hubby are Louisiana Tech Alumni, too. They have 2 boys and are expecting a third in June...oh, if it's a girl she'll need one of these outfits!

Anonymous said...

I sure hate that I missed going with you. Abby is certainly a mess in these pictures. I know how much you enjoyed the pep rally and I would like copies of these prints to put in the picture book. Thank God you take lots of pictures.
Nana B.

The Vranas said...

The little bow in her hair with all those curls are just the best part! So cute. I'm glad Josh was able to get a picture with his favorite cheerleader. I'm sure that made his day. ;-)

thePiks said...

Hi! I'm Candice's friend Amanda. Love all the Tech pictures. What year did you graduate? Brian is a '97 grad and I'm a '98 grad. You guys look younger than us though! I remember Kevin Beasley from the BSU. Any relation?

The Pences said...

Well you are all just too cute. Of course Abby is the cutest -- love all the curls and bows and crinkly noses... precious.

Lori said...

Goooo Dawgs! OMG! Abby is such a delight in that outfit! Looks like ya'll had the best time!
Take care!
-Lori