This past weekend was extremely busy. The wonderful, fun, tiring kinda busy.
On Friday evening Josh and I went to a Jars of Clay, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Switchfoot, Third Day concert. This concert was supposed to take place in The Woodlands, but because of Hurricane Ike, the pavilion was damaged so the concert changed locations last minute. It ended up being at the Berry Center which is quite a trek for us. We left the house at 5:15pm and arrived there at 7pm! I was SO disappointed because we missed Jars of Clay, but they ended up coming back out at the end when all the bands performed together. Overall, it was a really great, late night for us. We didn't get home until 1am. Whew! This specific picture is for our friend, Matt. I hope you love it :-)
Jars of Clay signing autographs... Switchfoot's lead singer out in the crowd...
All the bands together at the end...
The next morning we got up and headed to Lake Livingston. We met up with Josh's parents at a lakehouse we rented. The weather was great, and the setting was perfect. We got to relax, play games (which I remain the Uno champion!), ride on the party barge, eat some good home cookin' kinda food, and fish!
This is the house where we stayed...this is the back of it looking out towards the lake. We also had our own little pier.This is the next morning around 7:30am. Look how calm and still the water is. Beautiful!
Being silly out on the pier...our own official karate kid!
Outside one of the little hole in the wall restaurants...
And a duck we fed...strange looking little guy with the feathers on his head, huh?
I have some great video footage of a few random things, but I don't have the energy to put it together right now. Stay tuned...




5 comments:
I went to that concert last Thursday night at the Fair Grounds... craziness... I also missed Jars of Clay because it took forever to park. My fav was definitely Switchfoot and I could have totally done without the Robert Randolph Band. Too repetitive for my taste. Anyway... looks like y'all had a great weekend! Talk to you soon!
Your trip looked awesome and I'm also jealous about that concert.
Yea for a post! It makes me happy. I hope you're feeling better. It seems like when you get sick, it hits you hard. Give that little walker a big hug from me!
Looks like you had a blast!! I'm happy you are feeling better than before. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks :-)
Ashley
I started the knock knock several years ago. It is really catching on!
- Matt
Post a Comment