This past week was a doozy! After I wrote about Abby getting sick, I then had the pleasure of getting sick. As always, mine has to be a bit more extreme than the average joe because for some reason my body cannot handle sickness, so I ended up having to go get IV fluids...again. Twice in one year for this kinda thing is a bit ridiculous. Consquently, I have started a Woman's vitamin, and I have high hopes for it :-)
Since I was completely drained, I was wanting my parents to come visit for a little bit. I knew my mom (and dad!) would love playing around with Abby, and I could then get a few things done that I was needing to do. I called my dad on Thursday, asking him what he was doing for the weekend. He answered totally normal with some plans they had, but said he would ask mom if they could rearrange some things and come on down. Within 15 minutes, my dad called back and said my mom rearranged the stuff at work and he was good to go, so they would be down that night! Good grief--I was definitely thinking, "Wow, they really want to see Abby!"
Come to find out, Josh had this weekend planned for us for over a month, and my parents were already scheduled to come down all along. Do I have perfect timing or what? My dad thought I must've known something since I asked what he was doing for the weekend, but he played it off just in case. Josh told me before my parents came that he had a little secret, and they were planning to come even before I called. But I still didn't know what was planned for us for Friday evening.
We ended up going to the Tour of Gymnastics 2008 that takes place after the Olympics. So, we got to see Nastia Liukin, Shawn Johnson, and all the other people (men and women) on the Olympic Team. Can I just say how AMAZING this show was? You could completely tell that all the athletes were out there just having fun! Josh thought I should title this blog, "Gold Medal Husband" instead! hehe. All joking aside, I'm very blessed to have such a fabulous husband that wants to do these surprises for me, and truthfully, he enjoyed himself just as much! Thanks babe, for completely spoiling me...I had SO much fun! Can't wait to see the show again in 4 years :-)
On Saturday, we went to the Houston Zoo. A first for our whole family. It's much larger than I was imagining, and we all had a really great time. Abby was just pooped by the end of it, and gave us a 3 hour nap when we got home!
If you can imagine, I have SO many pictures to sift through from this past weekend. So for now, you can enjoy reading my story, and I'll be back soon with a post full of pictures!
I will leave you with one, sweet, random picture of Abby enjoying her little kitchen. Can you believe how long her hair looks?
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Better than Beijing
Posted by
The Beasley's
at
8:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Glad y'all had a good time! Abby is getting so big..can't wait to see pictures from the weekend. And to answer your question..yes the bowling shoes were neon! it was hilarious!
Post a Comment