Saturday, May 31, 2008

Happy Birthday SANDY!

Sweet Sandy turned 42 today (in dogs years). It is crazy to think that six years ago our little puppy was being born. She stayed with her dog mom until about 8 weeks old when we got her the August between our sophomore and junior year of college. Amy was in Bossier for the summer and I was in Ruston. I called and told her that I saw an ad in the paper for dachshunds and that I was just going to go "look" at them. When I got there 3 puppies were left and this is how I picked Sandy. One puppy ran up and bit my shoe (to hyper). Another puppy wouldn't leave her mom's side (to lazy or shy). Sandy was in between - she kinda walked over to me and licked me so I went with the middle temperament. She has been the greatest little member of our family and makes us laugh every day. We like to say she is just an angel in puppy dog pajamas.

Here are some baby pictures (check out those big ears): Here are some of my favorite pics of Sandy:
Modeling her sweater vest

Enjoying the Houston heat
Sleeping with rigamortas (sp?)
So you are probably wondering how Sandy celebrated her big day.

Well I will let her tell you all about it.
Waiting for Dad to come get me this morning Playing with Abby's toys

Getting some sun this morning
Gray hair? Ain't no gray in this face!
Dad then went to play golf and I rested up for my evening adventure.

Going for a ride to my favorite store - PETCO. Picking out my birthday treats
I told Dad I needed this sign, but he wouldn't get it for me
but he did get me this cute harness so I could go on Abby's wagon rides and not choke myself
Eating dinner - I got a morning cup of food because it was my special day
Waiting for my birthday cookies
Eating my cookies while Dad sings to me

After all that food I was tired so Dad took me for a wagon ride
THE END!!!

7 comments:

The Pences said...

I think you miss the rest of your family. Very cute post about Sandy's day.

The Comerfords said...

HAHAHA! I think that was my favorite post EVER! I laughed so hard going through the pictures! :) This seriously made my day! You guys are the best. :)

The Hoeflers said...

We love Sandy!! Happy Birthday! Josh you may need to seek some professional help :-) or the rest of your family needs to return home ASAP.

Neena said...

I loved the pictures. They made me laugh so much.

Anonymous said...

I love the posting, I was laughing all the way through it. This is scarey, my great niece is in the same age group as me....:(
Love ya
Aunt Linda

The Eges said...

Josh, I think you're letting all that estrogen in your household rub off on you!

Kim

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

That was scary funny! Happy Belated Birthday Sandy!

Kristi :)