Monday, April 7, 2008

26

That is my new age as of Saturday, April 5. My dad and I share a birthday, and as he likes to call himself now "Double Nickel." 55 for any of you slow pokes out there ;-)

Josh had prearranged for my parents to come visit us because he had an evening already planned for me. My parents were our free baby-sitters! I had such a fun time. We went downtown, and we had some time to kill before we went to dinner. So we took a carriage ride!

Our view...ha!
Our "lead" driver...his name is Hank.The dog that rode with us...his name was Buddy.Us! Then we went to eat at the Downtown Aquarium. I haven't been there in a really long time. We sat outside because the weather was beautiful! One unwelcomed guest swooped a little to low and made me make a tiny scream. Oops!

Here are some of the things we saw in the aquarium.

This little fish was at the very bottom of the tank all by his little lonesome, so I had to take his little picture.


Then we headed over to the Toyota Center where "Walking with the Dinosaurs" was taking place. I had actually seen a commercial for it on TV, and I told Josh I thought it would be cool. I didn't know he had already bought tickets for it. It was neat. Not quite as action-packed as we were imagining. Basically, they had these dinosaurs in "real size," and the commentator, our paleontologist for the evening, walked us through the different time periods of the dinosaurs. (i.e. Triassic, Jurassic, etc.)




And lastly, a video. While we were eating at the Aquarium, there was live music down below. I happened to start recording RIGHT when she started talking about people's birthdays. She sang to me...well not exactly, but you'll see! Then all the people started dancing, and you couldn't see greatly, but this older grandma lady was trying to keep up, and it was hilarious! For the people watcher in me, this was pure entertainment! The last part of the video is the dinosaur thing. You'll here the Big T-Rex roar, then the weird sound you here after that is her baby trying to be vicious and roar. It was funny!



3 comments:

The Vranas said...

Aww, it looks like you guys had so much fun for your birthday. Josh always does such a great job of planning birthdays and trips. Great job buddy! Happy belated birthday, dear! It was great seeing you guys last week, but too quick. Can't wait to see you again. Hugs to all!

The Pences said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Amy, Happy Birthday to you! Love the polka-dots -- also love the green color -- very fresh and spring-y.

Zach and Alyson said...

Happy Birthday girlie... I'm glad you got to have a very special day!