Sunday, March 9, 2008

She's gone country

**This post is a long time a comin'. I started it over the weekend sometime, and I'm just now finishing it up!**

Josh and I were able to go to the Houston Rodeo on Thursday night. Josh's mom came into town to keep Abby for the evening, while we managed to bear the elements to make it to the Reliant Center. The weather was horrible. Did I say horrible? Because I meant awful, miserable, horrendous, etc., etc. NOTHING irks me more than having to walk through HUGE puddles and the water going through my shoes and into my socks, and having to sit with cold, wet socks for a whole evening. That's just dreadful to me, but that's exactly what happened. Not only were my feet freezing, but my jeans were wet, too. I'm sure your thinking, "Didn't ya'll have an umbrella?" Oh yes we did, but when it's SO windy and the rain is coming in sideways, nothing can save you!

From one of the janitors, I ended up getting a garbage bag to put over my head. The garbage bag is long enough to protect some of my jeans from getting any more wet. Then Josh made a small "hand hole" for me to poke my little hand out to still try and hold my umbrella. I was quite the sight, that's for sure! I was SO cold and SO wet, that I really didn't care what I looked like if what I had going on was helping a bit :-) We felt the need to get a good 'ol turkey leg while we were at the rodeo. Yes, we look like goobers, but it was good!
I always love the girl that rides out standing up on the horse with the American flag...(kinda blurry, but obviously it's in motion)And Alan (we're on a first name basis...I feel like I "know" him because I read his wife's book entitled "It's All About Him." It was good, too!)
Then a few nights ago, we watched Caleb for a short little bit. But, of course, I needed to whip out my camera. (You'll notice Sandy in the midst of them at all times!)
Caleb lounging...What?!? (I think that's exactly what his face is saying!)

7 comments:

Neena said...

We never made it to the Rodeo when we were there. I wish we had. I'm glad ya'll had fun even if you were soaking. On a side note if those pictures were taken at your house of the kids we may have the same entertainment center.

The Vranas said...

OK my dear, I finally got all caught up, since it's been weeks since I've read. Things have just been crazy lately. I can't wait to see you guys again. Any idea when you'll be in this area? I'm missing that little Abby.

The Pences said...

Finally! I was going through Beasley withdrawal (as if I haven't seen you in real life recently) :) Love the rain slicker picture -- very stylish.

Anonymous said...

I love the new outfit and the turkey leg looks good. I have read Denise's book also, it took me 4 days. I just could not put it down. I really enjoyed it!
You know me..I am a country fan!
I hope you don't get sick from being in the puddles!
Love ya
Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

The turkey leg thing is the funniest thing I've ever seen! Our dog is doing well, just getting big and eating absolutely everything in our backyard! Parker can't quite play with her yet b/c she topples over him!
Abby gets cuter every day. I can't believe she's almost one!!
mabel

The Hoeflers said...

So sad you got all wet! At least the end result was worth the means to get there! Can't wait to see Abby (and you and Josh!) in a few weeks...I know Peyton is excited about playing with "Abu"! Love ya

Zach and Alyson said...

Nothing like being a drowned rat at the rodeo. I know that the concert must have been great though! Glad that you got to enjoy that. Hope that everything is going well. BTW... the picture on my blog was absolutely necessary. I would definitely say our looks have change in the 13 years since that pic was taken. I wanted to post the cute one of us in our little swimsuits, but I don't have it on my computer. ;-)