Why do people give their opinions not once, but THREE times about the SAME thing. Especially since they aren't "nice" opinions. I don't care to hear them!
Allow me to shed some light on where this is coming from....I have a teacher who is on my same hall. She is one of those types that "Tells it like it is." Her tone of voice sounds like she's always nagging in the first place, and her classes have tended to be a bit out of control. (Not to bring her down, but for you to understand why this is amusing.) When she first heard that I was pregnant, she said to me "Why do you want to have kids so early?" THEN when she heard me telling another teacher that I definitely want to find out what the sex of the baby is, she lectured me about how I was ruining it for my husband and I, and that takes away all the fun, and I definitely shouldn't tell anyone else once I find out. Now, keep in mind--that was the FIRST time...I have since heard it TWO other times--today being my THIRD time! Another of my good teacher friends walks up after I had just finished being "lectured" by this woman again, and this good friend of mine told me that this particular teacher told her that I'm ruining my marriage for having kids so early. What the heck? Does anyone out there understand this?? I'm just speechless.
I'm fine if people want to give there opinion ONE time, but THREE times on the SAME subject--OK I GET IT...I don't need to hear it again!
Excuse that brief rant--I'm finished now :-)
Friday, December 15, 2006
Explain this for me...
Posted by
The Beasley's
at
12:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I find the fact that you are expecting a baby very exciting and a wonderful experience for you. I know that your husband loves children and has always been good with them. I also know that the rest of your family realizes the goals you both have set and how you are working hard to acheive them.
Sounds to me as if this lady is bitter and jealous because she does not have any happiness in her life.
You just continue to listen to those who are uplifting and encouraging and who can't wait to hold this precious baby in my arms.
Fellow teacher and excited grandma,
Sybil Beasley
Hey Amy. Yeah, I can definitely understand your situation here! :) In fact, I think that same very person told me that I was going to ruin my marriage as well. She also dissed my hood! If I get pregnant soon, we don't have to be at that school anymore and we can have fun hanging out with our fat bellies!
Post a Comment