July 24th weekend, we headed down to Reliant to go to the circus! It was a complete surprise to Abby. We’ve found lately it’s far better NOT to tell her what we’re doing so we don’t have to hear her ask 10,000 questions about it 5 days in advance. Y’know what I mean? So basically, she woke up that morning, we got her ready, put her in the car, and we didn’t tell her until we started walking up to the building. That was a good choice on our part because once she knew (just like I expected) the questions started rolling in. haha I love my seriously inquisitive little lady!
Before going in
Before getting our seats, we got ourselves there early enough to look at the animals before the show! (Funny side note: You had to walk down these steps to get into the area to see the animals. They had personnel standing at the bottom telling everyone to watch their step. This lady took one look at me and said, “Oh honey, PLEASE watch your step. Don’t you go falling down on us. You are definitely going to get your exercise today!” haha I thought that was hilarious!)
Remember our fun trip to San Antonio, and Josh’s incident with the zebras? Well, this picture was necessary. A thumbs up pose! :)
The elephants getting ready before the show…the elephants laid down while the guy used a blower to get all the hay off them. It was cute!
Getting dolled up with their head gear.
With some of the acrobats before the show. Each pair was speaking a different language when I walked up. I thought that was interesting.
They had this neat section where you could try on some funky outfits. Abby didn’t want to…the costumes were kinda heavy and such, but Josh and I got in on the fun! We were able to get a family photo.
Excited for the show.
Let the show begin…
Ask Abby what her favorite part of the circus was…the puppies. haha The kind of animals we can see everyday! But I’m kinda with her—they were sooo cute, and they do the funniest tricks!
These guys…they just make me nervous! Seriously, my palms got all sweaty for them. I was sure one of them was going to fall! I have no idea how they can do that—I would be freaking out!!!
And the grand finale!
We had such a fun day! That afternoon we went to the pool. I’m telling you, Abby had a FULL day! Her new big thrill at the pool is jumping off the side to daddy. It’s blurry, but she was in motion, obviously. She’ll do it a billion times over. I love watching her!




2 comments:
Because of the way your arm is and the way you're positioned, you don't look preggo in the first picture! I did a double-take! Looks like fun!
I think the action shot of Abby jumping off into the pool is great! That's so fun.
Post a Comment