I have some amazing friends! First, I had my fabulous shower back home in Louisiana, where we completely got spoiled!! (Thanks again, Michelle…it couldn’t have been any more perfect, and I know we’ll have diapers from that diaper cake for the first few months :)) Then last weekend, I had my Houston shower where, if it could even be possible, we got spoiled even MORE!
I love being surrounded by all my family and friends! This shower in Houston was so different than when I was pregnant with Abby. For one, I was working when I had Abby, so I had separate showers—a work shower and church/friend shower. This time, all those folks were combined! I know more people this go around than I did when I was pregnant with Abby, too—we’ve lived here longer, and now that I’ve stayed at home, I’ve had the opportunity to meet more people. It was so wonderful to see some faces I hadn’t seen in awhile, to be able to chat, and eat some really fabulous food!!
(Quick side note: While we were at the shower, my dad and Josh were painting the baby’s room. I have decided hormonal, pregnant women should not decide color schemes and ideas for a baby’s room, because they will inevitably change their mind or decide they just made a bad decision. Ok, maybe that’s just me, but it happened. Abby’s room is green with her bedding having green and pink in it. The bedding that I chose for this baby also has that green and pink in it, and for whatever psycho reason, I was going to paint this baby’s room green, too. I originally was going to do pink on the walls, but then I had gotten several pink accents, and I felt I was on pink overload. We bought this can of green paint (mind you, a green I had seen over an entire room in someone’s house), but after buying the paint, and putting it on the wall…I didn’t like it what.so.ever!!! It was too dark. So, I had my meltdown, (and I started saying I was trying to mold this baby too much into how I have Abby) and switched back to pink. Can I even begin to explain how hard it is to find the RIGHT pink? And yes, I’m probably a little over the top, but I wanted it to be just perfect, y’know? My friend, Karen, who is amazing, went to Lowe’s with me to help match the bedding and pick that “just right” pink. Whew, we did it! I have issues, I know!)
So…..before I left the house for the shower, I stood in baby girl’s room and took a picture of THE pink on the wall. Hooray for progress!!!! Isn’t it a lovely color?
Before shower picture with my momma!
In baby girl’s room, I have some of the birdie theme going on. My hostesses were clever and used the design from the invitation and put it on a sign and even the plates!!! How amazing is that??!
And all the fabulous hostesses that help put this on….they are AMAZING! Thanks, ladies!
Other random pictures throughout this weekend…
Abby is such the helper, of course!
She LOVES taking pictures on the stairs. Especially when Pop comes because he can set his timer on the camera, and she loves waiting on the “beep, beep, beep” before it flashes.
It kills me that her bloomers on showing in this picture with Daddy, but dangit, it was too cute not too post!
Also, TODAY, August 8th is my sweet husband’s birthday!!!! Happy 28th Birthday Josh! You are such an amazing husband and daddy. We are so blessed to have you be a part of our lives!!!! We love you!!!




1 comments:
Happy belated birthday Josh! The pink looks great Amy! I think you did an awesome job choosing. :-)
Post a Comment