Today Abby and I took a little trip to the good 'ol Chick-fil-a. I had a free coupon for a kids meal (don't we love Free?) We ate our meal, well more so I ate my meal, and Abby picked at hers. They came around with free samples of a Peppermint shake, to which I really am not a fan of peppermint, but yum! That thing was good. I gather all our trash on the tray, I stand up and start to move forward (are we seeing where this is going yet?!?) and somehow, I completely lose my balance and bust it--on my behind!--in the middle of Chick-fil-a. Y'know, when you see someone about to spill something or drop something, how someone looks like they're reaching out and just "barely" miss it. Well, I had about 3 people doing that for me! When I looked up, someone had caught my tray, which I had pretty much spilled the trash all over Abby, and the tray half way landed on the top of her head. I remember looking at her, and she looks like she's ducking and her eyes are blinking really fast because stuff is falling in her face. I'm hearing all around me, "Ma'm, ma'm are you ok? Do we need to call anything for you?" A Chick-fil-a worker comes over and asks if I slipped on something on the floor, and if they need to clean something up off the floor. I'm like, "Um, no, I think I did this all on my own :)" Nice.
I'm still dying laughing. I mean..holy cow...I busted it in the middle of Chick-fil-a! I'm still not exactly sure how it happened, and I totally wish I could watch a replay. I want to know if my arms flailed as I was trying to catch my balance, what my face looked like, and how quickly it really happened. I'm sure each of you has an image in your mind of how ridiculous this all looked! Just call me smoothe :)
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
True Story
Posted by
The Beasley's
at
2:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
That's hilarious!!!! Oh, how I wish I was there with you. I think I would have laughed my butt off. I'm laughing now. Of course, I would have been completely mortified at the same time. Sounds like you did a pretty good job of staying relaxed and laughing it off. HA!
Wonder what little Abby thought -- surprised she did not say "uh-oh"- glad you are OK Amy!! Wonder if you will be sore in the morning!!!
Love ya,
Mom
I'm imagining it now! Classic! Hope you're not sore later though :)
Just when it feels like we are too old to be falling on our faces (as was my case two weeks ago) or butts, we surprise ourselves. Glad you are okay, and I have to admit, I had a little chuckle over this story. You are one funny girl!
I think you're pretty brave to blog about it!
Poor Abby must have been totally confused! I must admit that I laughed so hard b/c that sounds like something that would totally happen to me!
Mabel
Ha!! That is too funny! It sounds like something I would do. I am glad Abby didn't completely freak out. I think Aidan would have.
Post a Comment