We left for Disney World January 25th, and our flight was at 9:15am. So we made it to the airport around 7:40ish. Flying isn't my favorite thing, and the last time I did was when we went to Disney World 3 years ago. Even though I don't love flying, I didn't have much time to think about it because Abby kept us busy! My arms were about to fall off because we carried her through the airport and between taking off her shoes, jacket, my shoes, my jacket, and my bag off my back for security purposes...I was feeling slightly wiped by the time we even made it to the gate. Sad, I know :) The plane flight went great. Granted she was wiggly by the last 45 minutes, but an almost 2 year old sitting on your lap for almost 2 hours is a big accomplishment in itself anyway! On a side note: if you want to keep your child entertained for awhile, the airport is one fun place!
The first park we went to was Magic Kingdom. All in all, at all the parks Abby did great, but at the start of every morning she basically flipped out. I don't know if it was so overwhelming for her mind to grasp or what, but she did NOT want to be in the stroller this first morning. After time, and for all the rest of the days, she completely calmed down and took it all in. She never had huge smiles at any of things we were doing (not because she didn't love it), it was more huge wide-eyes trying to figure out what the heck we were doing. She stayed completely entertained by her cousin, Peyton, and they laughed so much! They were adorable together.
Bippty Boppity Boo!
See what I mean...wide eyes! This was on the little kids Peter Pan ride. I'm saying "Yea, yea!" so she isn't scared. This ride is in the dark with all the lit up stuff around you. She didn't cry; she just had huge eyes :)
I picked this picture to post of the arm out shot because you just barely see her eyes. Wide-eyed still!
Waiting on the Dumbo ride! Don't you love her Disney Princess shirt?
It's a Small World ride. This picture for the Ege's...the hula dance :)
Character dining. We got to visit with the Winnie the Pooh Gang, and the food was SO good!
These pictures make me laugh! Here are the shots taken in order of Abby's experience meeting some of the characters.You see her little hand out next to Josh's? Things are good here. She's ready to give Winnie a high five.
Then she gets a little nervous, and is thinking...Pooh, you're totally invading my bubble!
I've looked at this picture several times, and I can't help but laugh every time! It's hilarious! Her face is like, "Oh God, please don't touch me!"
"Please take me back to my chair..."
"OK, he's gone...I'll blow him a kiss now!"
"You people are subjecting me to this again?"
"Seriously, again?!?!"Many of our pictures look like this. The back of Abby's head because she's too interested in what we're taking our picture in front of to actually look at the camera. I don't blame her, though...it's cool stuff! There is a glare on his face, but it's Buzz Lightyear in case you were wondering.
Ch-ch-ch-chip 'n' dale, Rescue Rangers! (C'mon, ya'll totally remember that show, right?!?!)
On the train. What a sweet face!
The parade we stayed for--Spectro Magic! This parade was wonderful, and the kiddos were totally into it!
G'nite Magic Kingdom...we had a great first day!

(If you're thinking the rest of the posts about Disney are going to be as long, don't worry, they won't be. We must've been totally pumped this first day, and the days that follow have fewer and fewer pictures. So if you've made it to the end of this one, you'll definitely make it through the rest :)




















5 comments:
Wow what a fabulous first day! Looks like y'all had a great time. I cant wait to see more pics!
Oh my goodness, HOW FUN! I'm so incredibly jealous...I've never been and want to go so bad! Thanks for letting me live vicariously through your pictures.
Fabulous pictures! She is such a doll! Her faces meeting the characters were so cute! Kainaan was 4 months old when we took him to Disneyland in California...his face was the same, too, unless he was sleeping in my arms. The only character he LOVED was Chicken Little. (That's my fav pic from our trip.)
Anyways, glad her plane ride was so successful (don't you wish they made securty with a kid a lot easier?) and so glad ya'll had a blast! These memories will last forever!
Love ya'll, Lori, Tim, & Kainaan
You're way better at this than I am...everything was explained so well!! Love the pictures...I guess I never realized how big Abby's eyes were at the parks! ha! I just remember her sweet sweet smile. Can't wait to see the rest of the pics! love y'all!
I love how Josh was the only one trying on the goofy hats. What a good sport! The back of the head pictures are just too cute. She can't turn her eyes away from Buzz, he might sneak up on her.
Post a Comment