Sunday, February 1, 2009

It can be done!

We're back! For those that didn't know, we were in Disney World with my family for the past week. Josh, Abby, and I flew to meet up with the rest of the bunch. Abby did great on the plane for her first experience. No crying of any kind--only a bit ancy at the end. A 20 month old doesn't want to sit in your lap for 2 hours, y'know?!?! :)

All the pictures have made it onto our computer, but I need to look through them still. Before I get into posting all about Disney World, I must tell you about our monumental day yesterday. Like I mentioned in a previous post, Abby got to have her paci while we were in Disney World (and it was very helpful!), but as soon as we came back....no more! We went ALL. DAY. LONG. yesterday without a "me." She did ask for one a couple times throughout the day--which one of the times was in the car, so she cried for a bit, but we turned on her DVD and she settled down. If it's when we're at home, we try redirecting her to something else. It worked ok yesterday. The weird, awesome, amazing thing is she broke own self of it for naps and nite-nite time, which I would've thought would be the hardest.

So, cheers to one FULL day paci free :)

4 comments:

The Pences said...

Yay for Abby! What a big girl!! Don't make us wait too long for those Disney pics, woman -- I need to live vicariousy through my friends, you know.

The Vranas said...

Yea!! I'm so glad you guys are back! I've missed your blog. Yea for Abby going with a paci. She's getting to be such a big girl.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

I knew she would do great, especially since she stopped herself from using it while sleeping. I thought Hunter would be an absolute bear, but he did just as well (except that first 30 minutes the first night - misery!).

Glad you made it back safe and can't wait to see pics!

Kristi :)

The Perkins said...

Yay for Abby!! What a good job! She is such a big girl now. I can't wait to see your pics! I'm glad ya'll had fun and made it back safely. Have a great week :-)