Friday, August 29, 2008

Got Milk?

Abby LOVES her milk. She drinks it like she's never going to get another cup of milk ever again. When I can tell she's getting close to the bottom, and she seems to be playing with the sippy cup more than she's actually drinking it I say, "Are you all done?" She immediately holds her cup like this (and says no, no, no!)--

And just being silly...
For my own sake, since I have yet to document any of this stuff....here a few things Abby says and does:

*Says
-hi
-buh-bye
-nite nite
-dog
-yo, yo, yo (From Jack's Big Music Show)
-ya
-uh oh
-baaa (like a sheep)
-mama
-dada
-nana
-no
-please (more the "s" sound than anything else, but every time we ask to say please, we continually get this response)
-thank you (dank ju)
-awwww (every time she gives hugs)
-shoes
-mmmm
-whoa
-wow
-roar (like a lion)

*Does
-Gives kisses (makes sound) and hugs (makes awww sound)
-Shakes head yes and no
-Pats ground beside her to get Sandy to come
-Claps
-Taps foot
-How big is Abby? (This has been a favorite for awhile)
-Turns on and off light switch
-Mimics coughs and sneezes
-Can point to her head, hand, foot, nose, belly, and belly button (and likes every one else's belly button, too!)
-turns hands to the "I don't know" look when saying All done, and will say a form of done.
-snaps
-signs more (this just started, and she's not always signing it when she actually means more, she just likes doing it over and over!)

She's become more of a picky eater. It drives me nuts, but what am I to do besides continually keep introducing it to her? Fruit of all things you would think would be fabulous--nope. She's now decided she doesn't want it. Our main diet consists of banana (the ONLY fruit she will eat right now), wheat crackers, cheerios, ravioli, macaroni, cheese, chicken, oatmeal, bread (only sometimes), and yogurt.

She makes us laugh, um, pretty much ALL the time. I love her little quirks and mannerisms. She's got such a personality going on. I still can't believe I have a child, but I'm so completely thankful God gave us her!

2 comments:

Zach and Alyson said...

what a silly little girl! ya know I would have been drinking soy milk when I was a little kid. can't imagine that now.

Anonymous said...

Addison is the same way with her milk. Her doctor said I need to cut back her milk. Whoever thought too much milk would be bad? Abby is as adorable as ever.