I've been such a slacker in the blogger world lately. I've been TOTALLY into the last book of the series by Stephanie Meyer, Breaking Dawn. I have about 100 pages left out of a 750pg. book. For me, this is amazing that I'm almost done in just 4 days, and it would be totally different if I actually was reading non-stop. Today I had the opportunity to read, but I decided to change the look of my blog instead. Priorities, I know :-)
Things that have been going on in our world:
1. Over the past weekend, I went to a Beth Moore Simulcast our church was doing. I must admit, that woman cracks me up! Here are a few tidbits that really stuck with me (whether I've heard it before or not...it just applies in my life NOW!)
- We're called to be warriors not worriers!
- Take root below and bear fruit above
- Sow your seed in the morning
- 1 seed sown can reap 100 fold!
2. Josh's parents came into town to visit over that weekend, as well. We had a good time, and Josh and his dad had the opportunity to go bowling. Josh is EXTREMELY proud, so I thought I should post it. He bowled a 233. (Highest possible is 300 incase you aren't the bowling type!!)
3. Abby's last day of Mother's Day Out was Wednesday. The last two times of dropping her off was pure bliss. On this particular day, one of the little girls I mentioned in a previous post (who is probably in 6th or 7th grade) ran into us in the hallway before we even got to Abby's classroom. Abby reached for her immediately, and off they went without even a peep out of her. Abby so loved those girls. It was precious, really precious! I will miss those teachers (we are starting at a new MDO in the Fall because this current place was full for Abby's age. Sad.) She will start again in September.
Here she is on her last day of school (this is after she came home...we were in a rush to get out the door that morning, so I couldn't capture anything before hand)Here are the few things she made for me:

4. My nephew is turning TWO on Sunday! Peyton's actual party is on Saturday, and we're excited to go see him. (Plenty of pictures will follow!)
5. Josh's birthday is TOMORROW! Take a look at this fine lookin' stud... :-)
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Slackin'
Happy 26th, babe!
Posted by
The Beasley's
at
7:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
So Sweet! I love her "to the moon and back" painting!
Finally -- 26 like the rest of us! Love the new header/layout.
I didn't know you had read the first books in the series. Proud of you Amy... the reader. ;-) I do like your new blog layout... we should talk sometime about my blog. ;-)
Post a Comment