Monday, July 14, 2008

Bath, Work Out, and some Dance Moves

All the above things are totally unrelated to one another

First up...if you can even believe this--Abby just had her VERY first big girl bath in the big bath tub last night! I know she's 14 months old, but do you know how easy it is to just be able to stand next to her when she's in her tub on the bathroom counter? She's been perfectly fine it, but we've just recently had some issues of her wanting to try to climb out....so, we moved up in the world. She looks so small in the BIG tub :-) We have these fun letters that will stick to the wall, so we gave her 2 to play with last night. The A and B. Obviously, the first in the alphabet, BUT the first 2 letters in her name, too! They will have double meaning to her!

She liked to chew on them.... Second...I worked out this morning. A quick back story: This is quite sad, really. Josh and I have been members of 24 hour Fitness for (I think) this is our third year. The very first year we got the membership, we were good about going. Then once the school year started up, downhill I went. Then I got pregnant, had Abby, and I never stepped back in that gym since sometime in 2006 until this very day. My friend Theresa, and her husband Chris, have joined this particular gym, too, and she told me she had been going to the exercise classes. I'm such a weenie. I never wanted to do them by myself, but now I had incentive! I LOVED kick-boxing classes in high school, but that is the last time I ever did them. So that's what it was this morning. 8:30am--turbo kick-boxing. I'm tired. I'm sore already. BUT I'm so excited I finally did it, and I'm looking forward to Round 2! (No pictures of this event...just imagine what a totally out of breath, red cheeked person looks like and that was me!)

Third, Abby has been working on her dance moves...along with some funny facial expressions.

What's up?
I just thought these looked cute...

This video is all kinds of random things...from Abby saying hi and waving, to a bit of dancing, to putting this thing on her foot. She ALWAYS puts this little ring on her foot, and then says "ha!" It cracks me up.

2 comments:

The Bowens said...

She is such a doll! And, I have no intention of moving Payson out of the kitchen sink until she is MUCH older. It is so easy to stand up next top her to bathe her!

Anonymous said...

I watched this video and Parker heard the noise so he came running. When you said dance he started dancing and when you told Amy good job, he started clapping and saying yea!! How funny is that. Abby is absolutely precious by the way!
Mabel