Thursday, July 3, 2008

Whew!

This week has been crazy! Rewind with me just a bit.

June 23-27 was VBS
* The morning of the FIRST day of VBS Abby woke up congested. Truthfully, this happens often and the Dr. has said she has allergies that we can treat with Benadryl. The week goes good, but by the end of it I have one very tired little girl on my hands.

My cute little VBS group.

June 27
* Friday when she woke from her afternoon nap, which was all of about 45min. anyway, (she took HORRIBLE afternoon naps pretty much the whole week. It was that weird "overly tired" state, I guess) she had a fever. Since she had been congested most of the week, AND we needed to get her ears "rechecked" from her previous ear infection, I decided to go ahead and take her in to be looked at. Yet again, double ear infections. Start antibiotic.

June 27-29
* We had weekend visitors. My fabulous high school friend Michelle, and her husband, John, came to visit us. We had a really great time with them!

Abby was in pretty good spirits, but you could definitely tell she wasn't feeling totally normal. She continued to run fever over the weekend and Monday (I was trying to give the antibiotic time to get through her system.) However, her fevers kept being high (103.6, poor girl!) that by Tuesday I decided that was enough.

July 1
* Call into the Dr. office, and they agree she should totally be on the upswing by now, and she's not, so they call in more potent medicine. Begin Tuesday evening (because now medicine is just 1 time a day, but a larger dose.) She's definitely not eating very much. I'm not used to that. Especially her mandarin oranges...she LOVES them, but she just purses up her lips if I try. Notice all the food on her plate...she will only eat the crackers. Not even ANY of the yummy fruit! Sad day.

July 3
* Wake up with tiny, red dots all over her tummy, under her neck, and behind her ears. Scratching, scratching, scratching. Back to the Dr. AGAIN! Diagnose with viral *insert some fancy word here* that is something similar to Roseola. However, I don't know if Roseola itches...but Abby's does! On the plus side, FIRST day since last Friday that she has NOT had a fever.
I don't know how well you can see those little dots, but they were ALL over!

This poor girl. She can't catch a break! I feel terrible for her. The Dr. and I talked back through some of her past ear infections because we've been battling constant ear infections since back in March. She's had 5 in the last 3 months. Depending on how this one clears up will indicate when and if we go to the Ears, Nose, and Throat specialist. Say a prayer for this little girl...she needs it!

In more exciting news, Abby would like to tell you something. This is her new FAVORITE thing. Seriously, when we're in a store, she will just say it over and over until someone looks at her. Watch out, because once you look at her, you will hear it even more (if that's possible!) I love it! (She does it only ONCE in this video...no girl works on command, y'know!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're praying that our little angel is 100% improved soon!!! Happy 4th to the four of you!! "HI" Abby -- Nana will say hi back as much as you want!

Love and hugs, Nana H

Zach and Alyson said...

Poor baby... Momma has had a tough week of handling sick baby Abby. I hope that everything gets better! Please keep us updated!

Neena said...

The blog I read just before yours was about my friend's little girl that had the exact same thing Abby had. That is weird. She said that the rash on her itched too. I hope she gets better soon.

The Vranas said...

Poor Abby, but she looked so cute in that video. Those curls seems to be getting even bigger. John and I had a great time with you guys! Can't wait to do it again. Give Abby a big ole hug from us!

Anonymous said...

Addison says, "Hi!" to Abby. Once she watched this video, she continued to say, "hi," for a while. It's funny how two different girls do such similar things. I'm glad Abby is starting to feel better.