Josh and I just found out on Tuesday that our family doctor passed away. It's the strangest thing to receive that information on your answering machine...
Josh actually had an appointment for today (Friday), to get a yucky ingrown toenail taken care of (I'm sure he'll love me posting that to all of the blog world!). He called last Friday to set up this appointment with Dr. Warnell, to which he got in at 11am for today, 7/18. On Tuesday, I check messages, and this is what I hear:
"This call is for Josh Beasley. My name is Vanessa with Stephen Grayson's office, and we're needing to reschedule Josh's appointment. We just need to move it up 15min. so the nurse practitioner can see him (pause) because (pause, pause, pause) Dr. Warnell (pause) passed away." ***Then she says several other things, but I'm in shock..seriously. The man is in his mid-thirties!
I think I listened to that message at least 3 times. The way she said "passed away" was so weird because I think she was trying to say it so fast to get it over with kinda thing. My mind was reeling as to what could have happened to this man. We immediately thought something tragic (car accident or something) because Josh had JUST made the appointment Friday with Dr. Warnell and this was just Tuesday (4 days later). Josh went to the appointment today and they had information as to what took place...this is how it reads (summarized by me):
Dr. Warnell unexpectedly passed away on Sunday, July 13, 2008. He was playing golf with a college friend in Dallas when he collapsed due to a ruptured brain aneurysm. He went to Baylor Medical Center in Dallas, but never regained consciousness. Dr. Warnell had no warning signs and was in good health. He is survived by his wife, Kathy and five year-old son, Cobey.
Isn't that the most sad thing in the world? I just feel so horrible for this family, and it just goes to show you how sweet, short, and precious this life can be. It's not like I saw Dr. Warnell so often, but he was the kindest doctor. We were so glad to have found him.
He will definitely be missed by so many!




3 comments:
Oh wow, that's just so horrible. A five year old son with no dad, and a devastated wife as well. That just breaks my heart.
That's such a sad story. I'll be praying for the family. I actually went to high school with a guy that unexpectantly passed away because of the same thing, a brain aneruysm. He was 30 years-old. I'll keep his family in my prayers.
It is so sad - we are all so interconnected, even in today's busy society. Will and I were patients at Dr. Grayson's too, although we didn't know this particular doctor. It is hard to find a good dcotor and they see us at our worst and help us - so we do feel close to them!
Post a Comment