OK, yes we most certainly will survive, but it's a LONG process. Remember that Abby got sick from me, and she threw-up twice last week on Tuesday and Thursday. And then nothing for days--she wasn't totally back to normal because she wouldn't eat her Gerber foods, but she would always drink her milk. Then yesterday (Monday), she slept all night long, but she would only drink 3 oz. of milk that morning. I just knew she was going to throw-up again. Sure enough, about 5 sec. after I thought that, there she went. The nurses line had told us if she began throwing-up again to make an appointment. So we saw Dr. Smith yesterday, and he told us she has the Rotavirus. The bad thing with Rotavirus, he said, is generally when a person gets sick they build up antibodies against it to prevent them from getting it again. With Rotavirus, the second you get better the antibodies go out the window, and you can get it all over again. So Abby is dealing with round 2 of this virus. And I must say, it made me feel quite nauseous last night, so I PRAY it stays away from me! I'll die if I get round 2!
Amongst all this sickness, Abby is still smiling for us. When my mom was here she got lots of great pictures, but I don't have them, so here are just a few pictures I got a few nights ago.
Abby still loves her Excersaucer!
Sandy loves to sleep on her back, and she was snuggling with us on the couch. I caught her little back feet poking out...
My bruise from the IV last Monday...apparently I heal really slowly because that was over a week ago now!
And here's a video because I like to do videos :-)
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Are we gonna survive?
Posted by
The Beasley's
at
8:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Crack me up!!! She is so stinkin cute..I'm so sad we won't get to see her this weekend :-( I'm more sad that she's still sick though. I hope y'all start getting well very soon!! We'll be thinking about ya! Peyton sends kisses to his "AbAb"
Poor Amy, hope you are both back to 100% soon. At least the exersaucer has a bit of a tray to catch any unexpected icky tummy mess. Gross! Sorry!
and another thing...I LOVE her outfit, I really like the ones that look like layers especially with the puffy sleeves - adorable!
We're praying hard that she is 100%very soon. It is amazing how she smiles and still has been sick! What a little dolly.
Love, Nana H
So glad you are feeling better Amy! Olivia just got that shot a couple weeks ago. I hear that is a nasty sickness! Maybe we can get together for a play date this week!
Ok, duh...no play date since Abby is sick. Sorry, I am a little sleep deprived today!
I'm sorry Abby is sickly still... I know that can't be fun for her. I'm glad your better and are able to take care of her now, that must have been hard for you! She is growing so fast... I just need to see her soon!! I know, I know, I keep saying that but don't deliver. Love ya!
Post a Comment