Friday, November 30, 2007

Sad day.

This morning I made a Dr. appt. for Abby. The past few days she's been really, really congested and sneezing like crazy. I've been giving her things that have worked in the past, but it seemed as though it was still getting a bit worse. Then last night it started....the cough. That yucky, barking cough. I pretty much knew what it was, but the Dr. confirmed it. Croup. Poor little baby girl!

It sounds so awful out of her little body. The Dr. gave us a steroid shot that he felt would "cool down" the symptoms quicker than normal. Truthfully, she's in a great mood. A little fussy at times, but can you blame her? She's still very smiley and plays. She's never been much on cuddling, but these past few days she has more than ever I think. He said this congestion and cough will probably be gone in 2-3 days, which will be wonderful!

Inspite of Abby not feeling well, she allowed me to take a few pictures and a real quick video yesterday. My goal is to get her all dolled up in her Christmas dress and get some sweet pictures by the tree. I hate doing it when her eyes are red-rimmed and watery from being sick. So, hopefully next week we'll do that!
Here are some pictures from the past couple of days--

In her Sunday attire (I know the lighting is bad)...I like this picture because her hair is seeming to have all the more of a reddish tint to it (crazy!)...Looking at tree...Finally able to get her to look at me (those lights on the tree are fascinating! ours even twinkle.)

This video is of me teasing her with her pacifier (I'm such a mean mommy!)



It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Here are a few pictures for those that have never seen our house at Christmas. We got it all set up on Monday.

Our entry way

The Mantle

Abby's stocking

The Christmas Tree

Kitchen

6 comments:

The Hoeflers said...

So sorry to hear about Abby! :-( Hope she feels better soon. The house looks so festive!! Ours is finally coming together..Peyton makes is fun! Hope you have a great weekend!

Zach and Alyson said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the house. It looks great! I'm sorry that Abby is all congested... hopefully it'll all clear up after the weekend. Love ya

The Vranas said...

Your house is too cute! I love it. Give Abby a big hug from me. I hope she starts feeling better real soon.

Neena said...

I loved seeing the pictures of your Christmas stuff. It made me sad though cause I can't decorate anything right now because we will probably be in our new house by Christmas and even then I don't know if I will be able to. I guess well see.

Brodee has been congested too, but not coughing. What did you give Abby when she was congested? The doctor said there was nothing we could really give him.

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

Hi!

Thanks so much for your comment; I am so excited to have a new blog to read!! I love all your Christmas decor; you like the "whimsy" like I do! :)

Your baby is precious, btw!

Email me again... I will do a header for you now that I am a little more organized... it's the least I can do for my new blogging buddy :)

Have a great day!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Just praying the medicine finally kicks in so our little dolly is 100% improved. She still looks like a little angel in the pics with her smile. Your house looks wonderful!!

Love ya, Nana H